Speaking of steak...

FITZH2O

Old Mossy Horns
Anyone else on here like porksteak? It’s one of my favorites, cooked so the fat krispys and covered in Sweat Baby Rays honey chipotle last 10 minutes... ???

I never heard of it until my buddy in Indiana made it for me.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Yup been eating it since could eat meat. Growing up where I did beef was rarity on the table but we always had hogs so pork was our main meat had it bout any way you can. Love porksteak and fried eggs

FITZH2O

Old Mossy Horns
Yup been eating it since could eat meat. Growing up where I did beef was rarity on the table but we always had hogs so pork was our main meat had it bout any way you can. Love porksteak and fried eggs

I feel like I was cheated in life ???

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
pork steak is good

my favorite pork meat right now? sliced thin cured hog jowls that my wife gets somewhere around here,,,love that stuff better than bacon for breakfast,,,,makes my mouth water just thining about it!

ECU_Pirate

Banned
what cut of meat would you ask for/use for a pork steak. Never heard of it but it sounds good. want to try it now.

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
A really economical cut of meat, I buy in as big a package as I can find and then vacuum pack into meal sized portions. I'll eat it for breakfast, lunch, or supper. Really good in a slow cooker too as seasoning for beans.......

FITZH2O

Old Mossy Horns
A really economical cut of meat, I buy in as big a package as I can find and then vacuum pack into meal sized portions. I'll eat it for breakfast, lunch, or supper. Really good in a slow cooker too as seasoning for beans.......

I do the same, package it down to two’s and if I cook one for dinner, I cook one for lunch the next day.

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I love a good Boston butt steak. You can sometimes get them for .49-1.00/lb.
The butchers at our local Piggly Wiggly will slice them up for you too, whatever thickness you like. I get them to slice'em thin for breakfast steaks and thicker for later.....

waitup

Four Pointer
This thread is making me think I need to try some pork steaks. Is the cut the only difference between them and pork chops?

FITZH2O

Old Mossy Horns
This thread is making me think I need to try some pork steaks. Is the cut the only difference between them and pork chops?

They are larger, but usually thinner cuts with more fat. Cook them on the grill and crispy the fat and it is like a chop wrapped in bacon... heavenly.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor

different part of the animal as well,,,,but yeah, they both come from pigs!!