Soybeans

SM270

Ten Pointer
Anyone got a recommendation on fertilizer for soybeans. Going to be mixed in with iron and clay peas and some buckwheat for our spring/summer plot. I know the beans don’t need much Nitrogen. But just trying to make sure I start them the best they can. Didn’t know if a 13-13-13 was the best or something different for this blend.
Lime has been applied. We are currently about a 6.0 PH level.

buckshooter

Old Mossy Horns
Anyone got a recommendation on fertilizer for soybeans. Going to be mixed in with iron and clay peas and some buckwheat for our spring/summer plot. I know the beans don’t need much Nitrogen. But just trying to make sure I start them the best they can. Didn’t know if a 13-13-13 was the best or something different for this blend.
Lime has been applied. We are currently about a 6.0 PH level.

If you've controlled the weeds well then Triple -17 is good. Triple -17 is what we use.

Then after 30 to 45 days hit the plot with some urea.

timber

Twelve Pointer
Triple 13 will work fine. The last I bought was cheaper than the triple 10. The extra nitrogen not going to hurt them. If you were trying to make a 100 bushels to the acre you might want a different blend. The nitrogen should help put more vine growth but can lower the pod count but is fine just for food plot

Deep River

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I would suggest about 60 lbs each of P and K per acre. If the mix you use has some N too, that is OK. Each 50 lb bag you use will have half the N, P, and K as shown on the bag. This is assuming you inoculate the seed. If not, you are going to need a bunch of N.