Soybean Pre emergent

FireDuck401

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I'm looking for a pre emergent to use with soybeans. I use Atrazine with doing the initial burn down for corn and have been pleased with the results.

Any recommendations?
Planted a few acres of beans Saturday and would like to get a pre emergent down with my next spraying.
Thanks!

FireDuck401

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
This field has about an acre and a half of corn on the left we planted a few weeks ago. I also rain a couple passes around the edge of the field with Milo to hopefully screen the field a little.

A corn safe chemical would be preferable.

duck1996

Button Buck
Are there specific weeds you're trying to control? Anything that's been giving you a problem in the past or are you just being safe?

We're using Authority XL on about 500 acres this year for our pre. In the past we've just done Prefix at 5th trifoliate and had really good results. Neither are safe for corn, and I can't think off the top of my head of any that are safe for both.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

FireDuck401

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Dual can be used on both. Alot of the atrizine brands come with dual in them for corn.

Thanks. I believe that’s the route I’m gonna go.

I guess I can tank mix it with Gly? We planted the Extend beans so I plan to add dicamba to the mix as well.

wcjones

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Thanks. I believe that’s the route I’m gonna go.

I guess I can tank mix it with Gly? We planted the Extend beans so I plan to add dicamba to the mix as well.

What kinda weeds you got? That’s a lot of chemistry you are gonna be using on that field

FireDuck401

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
What kinda weeds you got? That’s a lot of chemistry you are gonna be using on that field

It’d been fallow for 20~ years.
Drilled beans into it last year and they didn’t stand a chance. The weeds quickly choked them all out. Almost a complete failure.
We planted oats and winter peas in part of it last fall. That helped hold the weeds back some this year.

But to answer your question, it’s full of broadleaf weeds. Big ones, little ones. The predominant weed in it has been very difficult to control. I’m not sure what it is. I’ll try to get a photo and post it.

Also has some spots on Johnson grass in it.