Sound Hunting Legalities (Hyde Co)

Clark

Ten Pointer
From NCWRC regulations digest
Carteret, Pamlico • Take migratory waterfowl within 500 yards of another’s permanent hunting location
Currituck • Hunt waterfowl within 500 yards of another’s licensed blind.
Dare • Hunt transitory waterfowl from an unlicensed blind, except on or within five yards of the shoreline of game lands.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
From NCWRC regulations digest
Carteret, Pamlico • Take migratory waterfowl within 500 yards of another’s permanent hunting location
Currituck • Hunt waterfowl within 500 yards of another’s licensed blind.
Dare • Hunt transitory waterfowl from an unlicensed blind, except on or within five yards of the shoreline of game lands.
I know the other counties laws well. I just remembered there being a big deal about some type of blind law or permit introduction in hyde county a couple years ago. But I've been removed from that area for a while.

wildcat3

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I know the other counties laws well. I just remembered there being a big deal about some type of blind law or permit introduction in hyde county a couple years ago. But I've been removed from that area for a while.
You give it up all together?

TARPONCHASER

Button Buck
Well that's good. Never heard anything else about it so I didn't know.
They pulled together a "commission" with representation from land owners, guides and the hunting public. Tried to find some common ground where all three groups could agree relative to blind laws. I read the meeting minutes that are still posted out on Hyde Co website and doesn't seem like agreement was reached. I think the group disbanded mid to late 2019 and that was that. I talked to a WR Officer the other day to make sure and no laws were passed. He confirmed.

ducknut

Eight Pointer
They pulled together a "commission" with representation from land owners, guides and the hunting public. Tried to find some common ground where all three groups could agree relative to blind laws. I read the meeting minutes that are still posted out on Hyde Co website and doesn't seem like agreement was reached. I think the group disbanded mid to late 2019 and that was that. I talked to a WR Officer the other day to make sure and no laws were passed. He confirmed.
Well that's good news. Figured they were going to surprise everyone with blind laws. All 2nd hand info but it looked like there was a lot of bias on the commission.

shurshot

Ten Pointer
You’re good to go there, no blind law. As mentioned above, there was a concerted effort to basically “privatize” the county. Riled up enough objection from public hunters to cause the effort to eventually fail.

coachcornbread

Ten Pointer
From what I understand the push for blind laws in Hyde were from a prominent outfitter there that wanted to start hosting soundside hunts in addition to their impoundments. It didn’t get much traction after the toothpaste got out of the tube and everyone found out about it. Once again, that’s just the word around the campfire, I can’t 100% confirm.

DuckyDave

Eight Pointer
Contributor
From what I understand the push for blind laws in Hyde were from a prominent outfitter there that wanted to start hosting soundside hunts in addition to their impoundments. It didn’t get much traction after the toothpaste got out of the tube and everyone found out about it. Once again, that’s just the word around the campfire, I can’t 100% confirm.
I attended 2 or 3 of those meetings which were chaired by (IIRC) the Hyde County IT guy. Seems the committee got distracted by whichever hurricane it was that hit Dare County hard. There must have been some backroom discussions within County officials that decided they had bigger fish to fry than to keep rich misbehaving Raleigh kids away from their traditional waters. So local thinly-veiled 'safety law' has not been passed.