Something strange... in the neighborhood.

stiab

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
100 yards behind my house, and directly in a shooting lane at prime time in deer season...

STC_0004 - Copy.JPG

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
Is there any way to booby trap the trash with bear spray ?
Or, would that be illegal ?
I've never had to deal with bears.
No. I just need to clip the can shut and hang it on a steel hook. She gives up at a very low barrier of effort.
but the cubs decided to play on the porch last night.
That’s new and annoying. My next move is paintballs once I get an alert on our ring that she’s messing with the can.

Loganwayne

Ten Pointer
I just pulled cards again 1000 pics in 7 days 4 of deer 95% bears. At least three different singles plus I know a sow and 3 cubs hanging around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
I just pulled cards again 1000 pics in 7 days 4 of deer 95% bears. At least three different singles plus I know a sow and 3 cubs hanging around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This cam has 7 different in a week. 2 over 350.
But only 4 are residents. The big guys never seem to hang for long.

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
That looks like a pretty hide on that one !
I’ve shot a decent amount of bears, but never one over 400# and never one that had a really perfect coat.

plus all my bears were over dogs. Never killed one still hunting.

so this year I’m keeping my options open.
my goal is either to kill a decent size bear as close to Jan 1st as possible to get a really nice full coat.

or, I’m looking for a nice big headed boar over 400# to make a Euro and eat the rest.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
I’ve shot a decent amount of bears, but never one over 400# and never one that had a really perfect coat.

plus all my bears were over dogs. Never killed one still hunting.

so this year I’m keeping my options open.
my goal is either to kill a decent size bear as close to Jan 1st as possible to get a really nice full coat.

or, I’m looking for a nice big headed boar over 400# to make a Euro and eat the rest.

Sounds like a plan ! I hope you achieve your goals !

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Dangit, man !!! Good luck on that one !

As a side note,,,, you should print and frame that top pic !
Years from now when the child is grown, and you are all grey-headed, it'll make you smile.