Something other than Reelfoot

wncdeerhunter

Old Mossy Horns
We've been there, done that. In my experience you will see a lot of birds at Reelfoot and get the opportunity at more species than we do here certainly, but it's consistently long days in the blind for little shooting/birds. Unless you catch it just right (only a few days a year), you aren't going to do much there - typically around 6-8 birds a day for the group, sometimes much less.

Looking for something on the Mississippi flyway that isn't as crowded and maybe a little different style of hunt.

I've enjoyed Reelfoot and I think its worth doing once or twice, but looking for a change for a annual trip west of here.....who/where would you recommend?

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I had fun at catahoula lake (Louisiana) and another traditional ducking spot - the rice fields were more fun to me but hunting catahoula was interesting (NEVER saw so many blinds visible,,, like a checkerboard on a 300 yard pattern),,, lots of canvasbacks

wncdeerhunter

Old Mossy Horns
I had fun at catahoula lake (Louisiana) and another traditional ducking spot - the rice fields were more fun to me but hunting catahoula was interesting (NEVER saw so many blinds visible,,, like a checkerboard on a 300 yard pattern),,, lots of canvasbacks
That’s one of the things about reelfoot - there’s a blind every 200 yds

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Alaska.
I've read dome interesting stuff about hunts up there.
At that lodge @timekiller13 went to (I'm pretty sure) you can do a guided Blacktail deer hunt and duck hunt. In theory, that sounds real fun.

Can you think Harley mount ? Beautiful bird.