Somebody better call a doctor!

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Took my daughter to a new spot in Union county where we have permission to hunt. Never stepped foot on it until this morning

Getting out of truck and across field and paved road (busy road) 2 birds fire off.

We set up in a finger of Woods in field above creek.. hen sounds off to our left. Both gobblers go ballistic answering her and us. 10 minutes later both gobblers are crossing paved road into field heading towards us. Well, i forgot to put out a decoy (hardly ever use them.. used to woods hunting)

The birds keep looking our way and favoring us UNTIL the hen flew down across creek and the my broke her way. 80 yards was the closest they came.

Few minutes later a coyote slips in... I took my daughters .410 and peppered him good with #9 TSS at 35yards.

Birds still gobbling so we play cat and mouse up and down creek until they cross road again back towards roost.

Even then they would come back to road and basically say “come on”... continued until after 10am

Birds gobbled at least 150-200x. Most fired up I’ve ever heard any birds but I suspect the hen was still with them.

They need a throat doctor and I’m sure the coyote wasn’t doing well.. but shot and hunched up!

We didn’t kill em... BUT had a blast this morning!

Thutty-thutty

Eight Pointer
That’s a great hunt. Maybe birds are getting back fired up. Up here in Wilkes n Ashe there’s been little gobbling on roost and even less after fly down