Solid shotgun

IMO, this is a highly under-rated shotgun.
Rock Island M5, 12 gauge, 3 inch chamber.
Clone of the High Standard Flite King. Possibly the smoothest action I have ever felt on a pump gun, smoother than my old 870 even, right out of the box.
Some kind of "Marine" finish, not sure exactly what it is.
Heat shield looks neat but you can remove it if you care to.
Little spring loaded hole in the buttstock for two extra rounds.
When I bought this gun a couple years ago it was $205 NIB. Current buying craze has pushed them up into the $350+ range. On the bright side they are still around to be found with a bit of looking.
Personally, I'd take this Rock Island over my 870 or a Mossy 500 anyday. YMMV47620

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
You ever shucked a mdl 12 Winchester?

An uncle lived in grouse country of WVa and hunted with a Model 12. The M12's would fire if you held the trigger down and pumped.........every grouse that got up was gonna be shot at 3 times!! LOL

My Winc Model 61 will also do that. I used to have a lot of fun doing the fast fire!!

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
An uncle lived in grouse country of WVa and hunted with a Model 12. The M12's would fire if you held the trigger down and pumped.........every grouse that got up was gonna be shot at 3 times!! LOL

My Winc Model 61 will also do that. I used to have a lot of fun doing the fast fire!!
That would be the ole slam fire trick they were famous for.

I guess It would break a few hearts here to inform them that I have actually owned a few mdl 12s NEW. And they were just as smooth new as they were with hundreds of rounds through them.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns

Ithaca mod 37 s will slam for if made before 76 or so.... I have a slam fire ithaca....

BAR25-06

Six Pointer
That Rock Island is a fine gun. The price point and quality of all their arms put every other manufacturer on notice imho.