SOB lost another Chest Freezer, help with backup circuit

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
Just found our last chest freezer thawed with our first year of Trappings Hides, fish, first venison in 3 years all processed/smoked and coyote skins from a buddy that hunts them. Still in shock after 3 mos of 4am trapping trips, climbing mountains for a deer, days prowling creeks,

Is there a backup power supply with alarm off the shelf? Recall we setup a system on a highly sensitive process years back that defaulted to a massive battery and sounded an alarm.

I lost a bait freezer in Raleigh, then as we prepped for move a Contractor unplugged a second freezer and we lost all our Salmon from AK, my GA fix, and Venison from that year.

What can I do to setup two circuits or a backup system/alarm? We have 2 200 amp breakers so plenty of juice. In Raleigh I setup an always on LED floodlight on our out building but ultimately lost a freezer we moved inside. Thinking a backup circuit with alarm of some kind. Hoping it doesn’t have to be home brewed. Don’t even want to think about how many animals died, fuel cost, or days spent chasing game in that freezer. I know the time in the field counts for something.

odie408

Ten Pointer
That sucks, I lost a freezer full of fur. Also lost one while on vacation we had just put a half a beef,50# of shrimp, enough flounder we giged to last the year, strawberries and veggies. What a mess. Hope you get a solution. Bad enough replacing the freezers.