So who is rocking the plaid this coming season?

BBTHunter

Spike
Has anyone seen a canary yellow hunting suit? A wool one hangs in my parents attic. Unfortunately my pops isn't of sound mind so not sure on the history of it.

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
Has anyone seen a canary yellow hunting suit? A wool one hangs in my parents attic. Unfortunately my pops isn't of sound mind so not sure on the history of it.

Not sure about the US, but in Canada several provinces had regs that mandated the use of an outer garment of 1 solid color. Bright yellow was one option, white and red/scarlet were also acceptable.

Nana

Big Ole Nanny
Contributor
My Pop (step dad) wears an Elmer Fudd red plaid coat every winter when he hunts. I love it, and him.

specialk

Twelve Pointer
It is silly camoing up to sit in a tower, box or blind.
I really like a black broken pattern HUK light weight down jacket that is made for fishing. Incredibly warm , light and just the right length to protect your lower back.
I cant make myself wear in up in an exposed stand when i know it would work fine. Just a mental deal.
Deer ime cant find you if you dont smell or move.
I dont own any plaid but surely it "works" just fine.

hunt naked......i've peeled down to me drawers in early season in my tower stand.....admittingly i never killed a deer in just my underwear but have seen and could have shot some if i had wanted ....

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
hunt naked......i've peeled down to me drawers in early season in my tower stand.....admittingly i never killed a deer in just my underwear but have seen and could have shot some if i had wanted ....
I don't care how hot I am, no way am I in my drawers, too many bugs.

specialk

Twelve Pointer
I don't care how hot I am, no way am I in my drawers, too many bugs.

bugs dont bother me that much, some...., but it easily can hit mid-80's in September....it's been a few years since i've done that.....if it's that hot i'm back at camp in the a/c......