So who is going fall turkey hunting?

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Heading north last Oct for some camping and chasing birds around the hardwoods can't wait been long time since spring. Hoping to bust flock or two and nice jennie fried over campfire would be awful tasty

hawglips

Old Mossy Horns
(Raises hand...)

I have tags in two states, but not sure I will be able to go to one of them.

hawglips

Old Mossy Horns
Here's a couple videos my brother made calling up flocks of western turkeys (with his bare lips) while grouse hunting the last couple weeks.... killing me....

Last edited:

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
That is awesome I love the vocalizations in fall get good flock together and the amount of noise can be crazy. I've killed plenty merriams in spring but haven't made the fall hunt it is gonna happen in near future though.

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
I'm gonna try to get up to VA, but I can't spend to much time to far from the house this fall...

JD1107

I got a invite to head north to my brothers in-laws property.. unfortunately had pass.He’s up in Michigan and sent me a picture of one he killed last week. Fall turkey hunting is on the bucket list!

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
Im going.....?
Cant wait to do a little camping and chase some birds. You know you got it bad by going into the heart of big buck country that time of year to call in turkeys.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Im going.....?
Cant wait to do a little camping and chase some birds. You know you got it bad by going into the heart of big buck country that time of year to call in turkeys.
Yeah and during the rut to boot probably see a booner behind every tree while kee keeing away