So who going trout fishin Saturday?

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
This is just awesome time year youth turkey opens trout opens weather getting nice. Unfortunately its gonna pour the rain Fri so knocks out my Fri night camp plan water may he fast and dingy to

ncstatehunter

Twelve Pointer
I get home Monday night, plan on hitting some streams during the week while I’m off. It’s great living in trout country now, no long drive unless I just want to ?

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
Taking a kid to try and kill his first bird in the mountains and then swing if there’s any fish to catch on the way home. Need some for smoker.

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Hit a little(and I mean little) stream on way back from VA late Saturday eve... but it had been fished already

Daughter did manage to catch a rainbow

Attachments

• 3CC67B32-D920-479A-9DB1-853E9FBEEBBC.jpeg
    3CC67B32-D920-479A-9DB1-853E9FBEEBBC.jpeg
    232.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 9F33F452-09B4-42C9-ACBE-89BB836A1267.jpeg
    9F33F452-09B4-42C9-ACBE-89BB836A1267.jpeg
    238.7 KB · Views: 32

wncdeerhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Hit a little(and I mean little) stream on way back from VA late Saturday eve... but it had been fished already

Daughter did manage to catch a rainbow

That’s not little ? I’ve caught trout in streams you could step across. Nice picture - she looks proud of that fish!

ncstatehunter

Twelve Pointer
West fork of the pigeon seemed like it packed for a weekday this afternoon when I drove over to the range at Cold Mountain to pattern some turkey loads. Probably saw at least 20 people either fishing or getting ready to once I hit where the game lands start. Hoping to get out and catch a few for dinner tomorrow after lunch.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
West fork of the pigeon seemed like it packed for a weekday this afternoon when I drove over to the range at Cold Mountain to pattern some turkey loads. Probably saw at least 20 people either fishing or getting ready to once I hit where the game lands start. Hoping to get out and catch a few for dinner tomorrow after lunch.

That DH section up there used to be my honey hole

ncstatehunter

Twelve Pointer
Got out for an hour or two this afternoon. Wanted to catch and keep 3 and I did, a good sized Rainbow and two Brook Trout. Made for a good dinner with some zucchini and potatoes. Still need to do some more exploring down here, all trout fishing prior has been around the Eastern and Northern end of the mountains.