So what ya cooking for winter storm?

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Well my plans for the weekend have certainly changed cause of this storm. So I'll cook something up to have on hand. Usually i make a chilli or a stew but im not feeling that this go round. I got some ground bison so i guess ill make a meatloaf. Cook it today in case we lose the power and then i can just reheat it. What is everyone else cooking?

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Yup i got a gas stove too but my oven is electric. I havent had Navy beans in a while.... might have to make some in near future. I use to get the cook at work save me the ham bones from thanksgiving and christmas dinner and id make beans with them or more often then not split pea soup.

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
We are usually working off a crock-pot or 2 of things like VB soup, chicken-noodle soup, roast beef for sandwiches, etc, and have a couple days of each on hand. Picked up a pack of honey baked ham slices and a pack of hotdogs yesterday.
Gas stove / gas grill...lucky to be in good shape

TH80

Eight Pointer
I think I’m far enough east it’s looking more like rain here so shouldn’t loose power. Sunday is usually one of my grill or smoke days but tomorrow looks like it’ll be a stove kinda day. Don’t know what I’ll do yet but thinking about doing a stir fry. Can’t wait to see some of the pics you chefs post up

Aaron H

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
We had my last bear roast out expecting some friends over for supper last night but they had an issue come up that caused them to spend the night in the ER. We refroze the bear roast and tonight we're cooking a venison loin in the oven- that will be a tasty thing.