So watchya gonna spend your stimulus $ on?

redbow

Ten Pointer
For all you rich folks, the question was what are you gonna spend the check on. It wasn't are you getting one.

dlbaile

Ten Pointer
Paying on alot of medical dept if it actually shows up . wish alot of dead beets would get a job so I and my wife wouldn't have work 2 each .

Clark

Ten Pointer
If based on 2018 taxes, I'm out of luck - because I got fired 3 months into the year.
If based off 2019 I'm golden, since no income. Anybody know which year?

firedawg60

Twelve Pointer
If based on 2018 taxes, I'm out of luck - because I got fired 3 months into the year.
Not really asking, just thinking out loud- did he make that much in three months? dang...

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
heard yesterday off road for farm diesel at $1.06. Not sure of quantity to get it at that price but might been for tractor trailer load which think around 5000 gallons

I can believe 2.06 for 5000 gallons delivered. I just bought 300 gallons as diesel started to go up again. I'd like to know the guy selling 1.06, I can pool 3 guys easily.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Not really asking, just thinking out loud- did he make that much in three months? dang...

That reply had red flags all over it! Very interesting story for us to read while we're all stuck at home with nothing to do. I hope he posts the story.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
The deadline for filing your 2019 taxes has been extended to July 15. And the target for getting the checks out is 3 weeks. No way they can use 2019.

Take this with a grain of salt. I heard on the news this morning that they will use 2019 if the person has already filed their taxes. This is important because in 2018, my daughter had no income so she didn't file a tax return. She did file one already for 2019.

damarshall7

Four Pointer
I can believe 2.06 for 5000 gallons delivered. I just bought 300 gallons as diesel started to go up again. I'd like to know the guy selling 1.06, I can pool 3 guys easily.
I was paying $1.86 at the pump for highway diesel last week in Kinston. $1.06 for off road would seem reasonable.

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I heard that i can hold 4500 at that price

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

timber

Twelve Pointer

Dont know details but my guess would be around Ahoskie. Some of the big farmers get fuel from over that way. But they are severl around that give bulk discounts

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
The deadline for filing your 2019 taxes has been extended to July 15. And the target for getting the checks out is 3 weeks. No way they can use 2019.

If you have already filed your 2019 taxes that will be used. If not, it will be based off your 2018 return

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
If you have already filed your 2019 taxes that will be used. If not, it will be based off your 2018 return

I am sure that sounded good to the bureaucrat that said that is how they would do it. I also do not doubt that the computer systems are capable of making the distinction. But, lets not forget that this is the government making this statement and they are here to help!

timber

Twelve Pointer

If you call around shouldn’t be hard find good price. Talked to a friend i help on farm some this morning he said another farmer let him know yesterday that he just bought 5000 gal at 1.08 to see if he needed any. He had topped all his tanks off at 1.36 few weeks ago though. At the time was good price

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor

Have you filed for 2019 yet? If so, it will be 2019. Otherwise it will go back to the prev year.

BarSinister

Old Mossy Horns

I'll have to confirm but the accountant at my wife's work said that although they've delayed the deadline if you owe you will still have to pay interest as of 4/15.

Anybody else hear of this?

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
I am sure that sounded good to the bureaucrat that said that is how they would do it. I also do not doubt that the computer systems are capable of making the distinction. But, lets not forget that this is the government making this statement and they are here to help!

That made me chuckle....gotta give you props for that bit of pure gold.

Inshore duck

Eight Pointer
That 1,200 bailout per sub 99k citizen will cost the tax payers 68,000 dollars each to mostly be paid off the backs of the evil 1%. Sounds like another great investment.

timber

Twelve Pointer
I'll have to confirm but the accountant at my wife's work said that although they've delayed the deadline if you owe you will still have to pay interest as of 4/15.

Didnt think it worked that way this time. Thats how its been before virus. You could get extension usually till like September but if you owed money you were charged penalty and interest. Thinking this is different.

nckeith

Ten Pointer

NO interest is tacked on. For this virus its an extension and interest free if you owe