So never done this .....

Trappertod

Six Pointer
Son is wanting to go early duck hunting Saturday. We have never duck hunted this early in the year. My options are public land as my club wont allow duck shoots til after deer season.

I was thinking of putting the boat in at Harris and just trying to find a place to toss out the decoys. My expectations are not high, I've heard it was always crowded but I am willing to try it for the boy. Might just throw a couple rods in the boat in case he gets tired of it later in the morning. I am going to try and go Friday afternoon and get familiar with the lake as it has been years since I have been fishing there. I guess people just trial and error the place and when you find a spot mark with OnX? Any wisdom from anyone else?

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
Friday is a hunting day out there. If you’re going Friday you might as well just stay there until Saturday morning unless you want to sit in line a 3am Saturday. That place is an absolute zoo! I personally gave up on that headache years ago.
If you are willing to deal with the duck commander navy try to find swamps that feed the lake and over looked sections. If you want plenty of company go to any spot on the other side of the bridge.

Willie

Twelve Pointer
I’d not even mess with Harris this time of year, but if you do go, I’d head the opposite direction of the bridge and check the coves.

Delmer

Button Buck
Been 30+ years since I've been there, but I'd go up 751 to the Jordan impoundments. Was crazy many years ago- can only imagine its gotten more crowded. Check the schedule as to which days you can hunt there