Snows?

wncdeerhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Couldn’t get a great look at them (camera is zoomed in) and my eyesight ain’t great like it used to be, but these looked like a couple snows mixed in with these Canadas in WNC today - the one on the right you can see some black tips on folded wings.

What say ye experts? Couple of lost snows in Henderson county?
40770A26-5C39-4F42-812F-B13955438C26.jpeg

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Not an expert but looks like it. I saw some on HR early fall. I heard them long before I saw them, then asked my daughter “what color are those geese” just to make sure I wasn’t catching the glint off the sun just right on canadas that I had made into snows audibly.

It wouldn’t surprise me in 20yrs to have snow be like the new Canada goose…. Meaning be the local resident aggregating pest that often never leaves. I’m on the lakes more than your average person, but obviously less than some, and I don’t see nearly as many canadas as I used to. Still absolutely plenty just doesn’t seem to be the flocks of 20-40 around every green lawn like there used to be.

Or maybe the abundance of lush green lawns these days has them not traveling as much as they used to have to.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
Not an expert but looks like it. I saw some on HR early fall. I heard them long before I saw them, then asked my daughter “what color are those geese” just to make sure I wasn’t catching the glint off the sun just right on canadas that I had made into snows audibly.

It wouldn’t surprise me in 20yrs to have snow be like the new Canada goose…. Meaning be the local resident aggregating pest that often never leaves. I’m on the lakes more than your average person, but obviously less than some, and I don’t see nearly as many canadas as I used to. Still absolutely plenty just doesn’t seem to be the flocks of 20-40 around every green lawn like there used to be.

Or maybe the abundance of lush green lawns these days has them not traveling as much as they used to have to.
I’m with you on not seeing geese like I used to. I never used to go a day without seeing them everywhere…..pastures, parks, ponds, fields, all the lakes, and constantly seeing them flying while driving……now I rarely see them and when I do it’s one or 2 here and there. Makes me sad. Really used to enjoy hunting them.