Smallmouth Bass Uwharrie National Forest

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Went to my Hunt club yesterday to put up a deer stand and did a liitle fishing on the river that borders our property. Had a great fall day in the woods then fishing. Caught smallmouth bass , Redbreast bream and some others then cooked the smallie on my tailgate. was a great day.

Smallies were Hitting the Strike King Mini Buzz also marketed as the Pond Magic Buzzer.

Video Out tomorrow.

IMG_20220924_154022660.jpg

IMG_20220924_160256260_HDR.jpg

wildcat3

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Went to my Hunt club yesterday to put up a deer stand and did a liitle fishing on the river that borders our property. Had a great fall day in the woods then fishing. Caught smallmouth bass , Redbreast bream and some others then cooked the smallie on my tailgate. was a great day.

Smallies were Hitting the Strike King Mini Buzz also marketed as the Pond Magic Buzzer.

Video Out tomorrow.

View attachment 100100

View attachment 100099
Ever fish for them with a fly rod on the Uwharrie ??

curdog

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Definitely one of my favorite fish to catch. I've only fished the Uwharrie one time and caught a decent amount of fish, but caught the worst case of chiggers that I can remember.

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
How is the water level on the Uwharrie River? Is it currently "floatable" from the Low water bridge?

Infamous1

Eight Pointer
How is the water level on the Uwharrie River? Is it currently "floatable" from the Low water bridge?
We floated....well drug kayaks from Low water to 109 a few weeks ago. The water level and flow charts were spot on then about how much water it takes to float.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
I havent seen the Uwharrie lately but it should be way looooooooow. I was on the little which paralells it and it is extremely low. if you watch the video I am walking on bare rocks which should be normally 2-3 ' deep................The Little is a mere trickle.

ncnat

Ten Pointer
Graph showing water depth July 1, 2019 to today. Looks like it was this low in Oct of 2019.