Small quick hunt

bertienchunter

Twelve Pointer
I took Friday off to do a little hunting at the club as we usually have a decent crowd to hunt. Showed up and we had 4 trucks and my dogs. The boys told me they had been seeing a buck around a small block so we decided to go around there and try him. We got settled and I sent ole Sam, Goose and Harper up in the block. Sam tracked on towards the middle of the block and Goose and Harper turned and slabbed the road and come out on a deer trail. Scooped them up and recasted both dogs along with Smoke around the curve and they tracked on toward Sam. The block is probably 100 acres or so and has a fresh rowed up cut down on the back side with some soybean fields in front and on one side. They got to the edge of the cut down and fell right on him. He crossed the cutdown too far from one of the guys and the dogs were carrying him on away. He got to the swamp run and they made a little lose and he threw Sam and Goose on another deer and Harper and Smoke carried the track to one of our guys and he ended up killing him. He was a 7 pt 16 3/4" on the outside with 6 or 7 inch brow tines. We hunted until about 12 and I loaded em back up and took a kid hunting all weekend for Outdoors At Last.

Hope all of you had some good hunting this weekend.

whitty

Six Pointer
I love hunts like that. It is so much more enjoyable to me when it’s a small hunt with just a few of us. I would take that over the big hunts almost all the time.