Small plots

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Whats the smallest plot you have planted?
I have a small spot in the woods I'm thinking about planting but not sure if its worth it.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Rubline

Twelve Pointer
Whats the smallest plot you have planted?
I have a small spot in the woods I'm thinking about planting but not sure if its worth it.

I have two behind the house, one is about 40 yards long and 6 yards wide.
That's the smallest one I've ever planted.
I have oats and clover in it.
Deer are in it every night.

buckshooter

Old Mossy Horns
Smallest one I’ve done was like 40 x40. Oats an clover. Worked just as planned to stop the does just long enough to get a buck into trouble.

ABBD

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I love small plots and have had a lot of success with them. My bigger destination food plot never gets hunted and is 100% unpressured. We do, however, hunt over the smaller ones that are strategically located throughout the farm. Most are less than 1/4 acre and are planted in winter greens and oats. They get utilized quite a bit.

PPosey

Twelve Pointer
Old logging road, 130 yards by 10 feet, clover. With a mineral site on one end. Couple acres of hinge cut thicket on the same end. We take a couple of bucks off if it each year.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Old logging road, 130 yards by 10 feet, clover. With a mineral site on one end. Couple acres of hinge cut thicket on the same end. We take a couple of bucks off if it each year.
Thats more along te lines of what this spot is...I plan on putting a mineral site in also.

Thats more along te lines of what this spot is...I plan on putting a mineral site in also.

If it gets enough sun light on the logging roads they can be awesome. I found that pine needles and dropped leaves can keep them from growing as well. I planted one in a fire break that did ok for a while but the lack of sun and pine needles kept it from really taking off.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
If it gets enough sun light on the logging roads they can be awesome. I found that pine needles and dropped leaves can keep them from growing as well. I planted one in a fire break that did ok for a while but the lack of sun and pine needles kept it from really taking off.
10-4 I have one already on a fire break that done okay but never tried one back in the woods before.