Slugs- Rifled Barrels

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
Can't go wrong with a rifled barrel either. I personally don't like cantilever mounted scopes, I have had issues with them returning to zero under heavy recoil. That said I have friends that shoot slugs running around 1500 fps that they work fine. Scopes we found that any good quality rifle scopes do fine on slug guns. Note: All good quality rifle scopes offer plenty of eye relief. Give yourself plenty of eye relief. One club I'm in was a shotgun only club for 15 or so years. I help set up many a slug gun and seen many a shotgun scope rattled apart. Seen all kinds of slugs used too. The 1 oz. KO rifled slugs (non-sabot) are my favorite in smooth bores, I would try them first. I also think that Savage makes one heck of a bolt slug gun, if you want a designated slug gun, either in 12 or 20 ga. Winchester Partition Gold or Remington Accu-tip slugs are my choices in slugs for rifled barrels.

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
I’m going to try that in my 20ga, May just throw a scope on it & roll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I have a 20 ga Mossberg 500, with a rifled barrel it still likes the 2 3/4" Federal 7/8 oz rifled slugs the best. Try the smoothbore first, you might get a pleasant surprise.