Slow Couple Days

kahunter

Eight Pointer
Highly doubtful you will ever see 30/3 again in our lifetimes. If you want to really weed out the “wannabes” then get NC wildlife to run deer season thru January. The automobile insurance industry would be on board with that too.
Most of these guys arent killing 6 ducks a hunt, even with 3 or 4 guys. lower limits wont change a thing.

I also think internet plays a big part in it. Its all so easy to scout, sign up, get info, etc.

I took a good hunting buddy of mine's brother once to hunt my blinds. Private land bordering public water/land. We had a great hunt (his brother is one of those guys with a horseshoe up his butt and it always seems to be a good hunt when he goes). He posts the pic on facebook. I was there the next day to hunt again with another buddy and some guy from raleigh (my buddy and his bro live in Raleigh) asking if my buddy was there and he recognized the boat and heard there where some birds around. The point being people will drive 3 hours bc they saw a pic of ducks on a boat, figured out where I hunt and went there the next day. Unfortunately I think its just how things are now and we have to deal with it the best we can.

I also put a firm rule of keep your mouth shut with what we do and no posting pics (for the most part). No one knows what our group does each year and I like it that way.

TomstoSwans486

Six Pointer
Most of these guys arent killing 6 ducks a hunt, even with 3 or 4 guys. lower limits wont change a thing.

I also think internet plays a big part in it. Its all so easy to scout, sign up, get info, etc.

I took a good hunting buddy of mine's brother once to hunt my blinds. Private land bordering public water/land. We had a great hunt (his brother is one of those guys with a horseshoe up his butt and it always seems to be a good hunt when he goes). He posts the pic on facebook. I was there the next day to hunt again with another buddy and some guy from raleigh (my buddy and his bro live in Raleigh) asking if my buddy was there and he recognized the boat and heard there where some birds around. The point being people will drive 3 hours bc they saw a pic of ducks on a boat, figured out where I hunt and went there the next day. Unfortunately I think its just how things are now and we have to deal with it the best we can.

I also put a firm rule of keep your mouth shut with what we do and no posting pics (for the most part). No one knows what our group does each year and I like it that way.
Loose lips sink ships. It really surprises you how dumb duck hunters can be. I shot a banded wood duck (my first one) on a permit-only public spot. A friend I told goes "Man, I'm going to put in for there, I want a band bad."

In a club setting a few years back. I shoot a wigeon (odd for the area) - one club member books it for the next week, thinking he's going to bag a wigeon. It was purely dumb luck...

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns

People are idiots.

The whole time I lived in the Triangle, I never hunted down here. I can’t imagine driving this far for ducks, unless it’s a multi- day trip or some special guided thing.

LOL. Of course now I’m in a new place thinking “what am I going to do next year?”

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
My bookings are really down and when I do have guys I'm telling them to bring a good book and make sure their phones are charged.....