Slot open for charter boat this Saturday

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
One of the Marine's that was included on our trip has been benched by his commander due to the Covid 19 scareademic.
There is now a slot open if anyone is interested...military, Veteran , 1st responders only per boat rules for this trip.
Good Times out of Hatteras Marina, capt Andy Piland and crew. Saturday , Aug 1st.
We have a room at the marina motel that can be had for an additional $75 for Friday and Saturday night.
Aprox cost is $200 for the boat, ? for the cleaning depending on the catch, we tip the mate individually but well.
I know this is late notice but the bottom fishing has been hot and this boat catches fish.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Looks like the tropical system may be playing a part ...more information by tomorrow. If it does we'll be going later in the season. Still looking for a 6th in case Covid 19 keeps the active duty folks on base.

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
Josh Bergman told me to please call him at ‭+1 (910) 333-3343‬ and he will get you a veteran! I told him about this opportunity, he manages the Fallen Outdoors which sets up trips for vets and enlisted men. I have bragged about TFO on here in the past Here is a group that hunted on our farm a couple years ago Josh is second from right FA39EBEB-0DF5-433C-83C4-69217F552A4D.jpeg

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Josh Bergman told me to please call him at ‭+1 (910) 333-3343‬ and he will get you a veteran! I told him about this opportunity, he manages the Fallen Outdoors which sets up trips for vets and enlisted men. I have bragged about TFO on here in the past Here is a group that hunted on our farm a couple years ago Josh is second from right View attachment 47989
Thank you. I'll give him a call and maybe set something up for a later date, there's a small craft warning in effect for Saturday and it's looking more dire that this Saturday's trip will be postponed.
Thank you for what you do for the Veterans, we always enjoyed hosting the Wheeling Sportsmen Veterans when I had my place in Alabama.

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
Thanks for posting this Eric. Being involved in TFO and meeting these guys and even some girls come to hunt as well, has impacted our lives significantly. Since both our fathers have a combined 59 years in the military, we already hold them in high regard, but helping provide them outdoor opportunities has made us appreciate them even more. I Urge everyone reading this to please get involved with TFO and spread the word also.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The trip for Saturday has been postponed until September 26th due to worsening weather conditions and seas expected in the 9-11 foot range.
If you have any questions or were considering being an alternate on that new date please let me know.
Thank you to all that have responded so far.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
The trip for Saturday has been postponed until September 26th due to worsening weather conditions and seas expected in the 9-11 foot range.
If you have any questions or were considering being an alternate on that new date please let me know.
Thank you to all that have responded so far.

good thing,,,I was getting seasick just thinking about it!!

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
An old salt would not worry about it and go fishing :LOL:. Fortunately I am a middle aged salt so I am staying on land like the rest of you:ROFLMAO:
Old salts don't get old by taking those kinda chances. Neither does this fair weather fisherman, there will always be another day to go fishing..and enjoy it.
I don't mind a bit rough, but I'd rather not shake up my beer too much.

darenative

Twelve Pointer
Ya'll made the right call, O'cock and hatteras inlets were right crappy today. With the wind swell combined with the swell from that storm it woulda been a miserable trip.

btsharky

Twelve Pointer
Old salts don't get old by taking those kinda chances. Neither does this fair weather fisherman, there will always be another day to go fishing..and enjoy it.
I don't mind a bit rough, but I'd rather not shake up my beer too much.
Agreed. The older I get, the calmer I want it to be!!