Skinning rig

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
Nothing fancy, based on one @QuietButDeadly built a long time ago. Needed another one and I had some leftovers, so I put them to use.

2” tube for the main, 1 3/4 for the ‘joiner’. It was way to snug so I took a kerf out of each corner, C clamped, and welded it back. Much more betterer… 1 3/4 pipe works perfect, but again I was using what I had.

Welded the cleat on the wrong piece, so I’ll have to fix that later. It’ll work fine now just won’t be quite as high. Guess that’s what I get for being tired and in a hurry🤷‍♂️
2 piece for easy hauling, skin em easy bout anywhere(y)
031DAACC-C1D2-4F63-85D3-F66E6C4DCF6B.jpegBFF11306-979A-43C2-A404-A67FB6C777BE.jpegE657A0AD-348B-415B-B3E0-038A91C11D0A.jpeg

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Nicely done I love those. I remember your dad and Dwayne Robinson talking about these at a convention a few years back.

dubbeltap69

Eight Pointer
Contributor
I've been meaning to build one these. I have to say I might copy your design ! Many Thanks for posting.

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Here is the original that I fabricated many years ago. Been a lot of meat hung on it. It was a little too short and I added 18" to it to fix that shortcoming. It is two piece and the top section swivels 360.
skinninpole (1).jpg

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I’ve got one my Dad built several years ago that is very similar. Over the years he’s modified and added to it. I’ll get some pics the next time I’ve got it set up.