Silencing Products

DeerManager

Eight Pointer
It has been decades since I have used a product in hopes to damper the noise on my bow. I didn't feel that I needed any noise dampening product due to me shooting 70# pull and most of my shots being less than 30 yards. I have dropped my poundage due to shoulder issues. So I feel that I may need to add something to my bow to help dampen the noise. Anyways, first; do you believe that dampening products work? Second, what product(s) do you use to help silence your bow?

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
It also depends on what/and where, you are wanting to silence.

For limb stops, riser shelves and rest launcher arms I use "Mute Stuff" mfg. by a company named Lucky Stops. Plenty of videos on youtubes and can be bought on Amazon.

Hunterreed

Twelve Pointer
I shot an old round wheel bow for years that I started out shooting with fingers and 2117 shafts. Then I started using a release. Then I started trying to get more speed,cranked it down to 72 lb, overdraw,lighter shorter arrows, lighter broadheads. Everything I did made it louder each time no matter what silence additives I used. The quietest bow I have ever shot was my grandfather's recurve with deerskin finger pads. Only sound it made was the feathers on the arrows going past the rest

Triggermortis

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Depends on everything.

Cam timing
Rest
Fletching
Arrow weight
Items on string
Stabilizer
Sight
Quiver
Release
Bow efficiency
Cable slide

I narrow them down, starting with tune.

Triggermortis

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
It has been decades since I have used a product in hopes to damper the noise on my bow. I didn't feel that I needed any noise dampening product due to me shooting 70# pull and most of my shots being less than 30 yards. I have dropped my poundage due to shoulder issues. So I feel that I may need to add something to my bow to help dampen the noise. Anyways, first; do you believe that dampening products work? Second, what product(s) do you use to help silence your bow?
Done anything yet?