Signs of spring

CutNRun

Ten Pointer
Contributor
For February being the shortest month, it sure seems to take the longest time to get through. Turkey season gets closer every day.

Jim

BigBow

Ten Pointer
Contributor
For about the last couple weeks, I have been noticing that geese are pairing up

Last Saturday up in Virginia I heard my first dove mating call.

This week down in Georgia I saw my first daffodils blooming.

We are on the upswing…
Today I also just noticed the Daffodils & Crocus greenery just breaking the ground surface here in the Queen City. Seems early, but bring it on.

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
And...I just saw a scrape that was made in the last week. Buddy told me about it, saw it today rabbit hunting.

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
I saw 9 toms and jakes in a winter wheat field today in the sandhills. I watched them waddle away towards roosting. Maybe they'll hang around for turkey season. I enjoyed watching them and never getting their attention.

<>< Fish

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Nice signs of spring while fishing- Turtles out on logs, peepers making their noise and best of all knee deep bass chasing down jackhammers. :)
The wind yesterday had some of them active and up in the stained water.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
Nice signs of spring while fishing- Turtles out on logs, peepers making their noise and best of all knee deep bass chasing down jackhammers. :)
The wind yesterday had some of them active and up in the stained water.
I wish I could get in on that shallow bite, but it hasn't happened for me yet. Perhaps this week on this warming trend if we don't get a foot of 38 degree rain tomorrow.

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
Maples blooming Easter flowers bloomed seen Bradfords blooming in SC today the world seems to think its late March and this coming week gonna expedite that. I sure don't want a early spring I like cold as long into spring as can get it

Yep, it sure was a beautiful day in SC yesterday.
Peach, pear and Bradfords were all in full bloom. The landscape covered in a red hue from the maple buds popping. Love seeing the Easter flowers doing their thing.

They'll be roost gobbling next weekend I bet, just hope everything dont get zapped by a late killing frost and the peaches get higher than eggs.

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Carolina Jasmine is in full bloom down in
Manning SC..... won't be long now.
EARLY SPRING....
GONNA BE over before April down towards the Coast😉😁
You boys down towards Duplin
and Pender County gonna have a tough time .
Might as well let me hunt

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Got in my truck an hour ago and it was covered in a light coating of pine pollen. I don't recall ever seeing that this early in the year before...

had it on mine when I rolled into the yard today as well,,,,

I should keep records, but I don't - so can't say if it's early or not - seems every year there's some early, then a pause, then the pollen lays in hard

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
My onions need mowing but I haven't worked on the lawn mower yet.

And speaking of Bradfore pear trees, I think they have started the program up again which gives you a native tree for up to 5 Bradfords that you remove. Of course, it has to be on your own property.

BigBow

Ten Pointer
Contributor
My onions need mowing but I haven't worked on the lawn mower yet.

And speaking of Bradfore pear trees, I think they have started the program up again which gives you a native tree for up to 5 Bradfords that you remove. Of course, it has to be on your own property.
Have chainsaw...will travel.😉 I HATE 😠 a worthless Bradford Pear.