Sign in sheets

catfishrus

Twelve Pointer
Do you folks have sign in sheets at club gates? My club started this sign in and out crap a couple years back. Just curious if others are doing it also? I be honest...I hate it with a passion and the only reason I been told we have this is for the land owners. I don't believe that at all. It doesn't matter if you hunting, baiting, checking trail cameras, or working on the club....rule is you sign in and out when you leave. They have placed notebooks in mailboxes at key gates to sign in. I don't see any reason for it. Dues $1150.00/ year and I got to sign in? They say if you caught not signing in..your off the club. Heck I didn't have this kind of rule living at home as a teenager. What am I missing here?

skimmer

Six Pointer
We don't do anything like that and I would definitely not be in a club that reqd that from members. I hunted as a guest to a club in Burgaw a few times that had similar rules and from what I gathered it wasn't popular among the general membership. But if that was the bylaws when you joined you knew what you were getting into...

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I don't get the beef with signing in and out,,,,not like it's a huge inconvenience

we have that down at wahee - and a board to pin where you are going

safety issue - good to know if someone is still out there, and if so, a general location if we need to go find them - 17,000 acres and 74 +/- miles of dirt road,,,handy to have some info in case

boomer

Twelve Pointer
We have a landowner that requires sign in sheet. Not a bad idea. The club decided that since the landowner wanted it, we would do it. We put a mail box at the gate with sheets and pens , you got to get out to unlock the gate and it is only a few steps to the sign in box. We have had no issues.

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
We have sign in sheets at one club and have been in multiple clubs that have had them. Some say landowner, insurance or just plain safety as reason. It does give some sort of accountability to who is own club property as well as some sort of time frame in case family or friends call and say your missing. I don't find it a problem, clubs where I still hunt require you to put a stand location and this is totally for safety sake, if you don't return I want to know where to start looking.

BigGun1

Eight Pointer
We are supposed to use a sign in/sign out board. We have many stands that are "club" stands. We started it so that no one messed someone else hunt up, which happened frequently. Now we are down to four hunters (From 12) so the board has been abandoned. I liked it in case of emergencies. We had one hunter fall out of the stand, after giving a reasonable amount of time to show up we took off down there, He had gotten half way back but should have stayed there. He was taken to the hospital and was just banged up. I let someone know where I am each time I hunt just in case. We are not getting any younger. I think it is a great idea.

catfishrus

Twelve Pointer
Appreciate the feedback but this isn't about stand location. In my opinion its nothing more than a jealous club member complaining about somebody else hunting when they aren't there. That is what happened when the mail boxes became a issue. Club generally hunted on Thrusday, Friday, and Saturday. We self employed, so we hunted a little on Monday and Tuesday. Now we do have about 45 members and several thousand acres of land. I can see some benefit from it but really don't see the need for it. Last place somebody is going to recognize me missing is from that mail box and they will have no clue as to where I'm at from that mail box. I really don't care for it.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
We used sign in sheets so we would know where others are so we didnt go walking in their area and screw em up.

sent from...... Tapatalk