Shwacker Broadheads

NCHNTR

Old Mossy Horns
I’ve used them in the past and they worked great for me. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rc187

Six Pointer
Just looking for some reviews on the 100grain Shwackers on deer ? thanks
Thats all i have used 2 blade and now the 3 blade... never had one run more than 40 yds after the shot great bloodtrails its the only expandable broadhead i will use period...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Stickandstringonly

Button Buck
I've killed two deer with them this year one ran 20 yds and flopped over and it didn't deploy on the second deer but found him within 100yds still. Not good blood trails on either of them but I still put meat in the freezer so I'll be staying faithful to them.

5 Shot

Ten Pointer
I've killed two deer with them this year one ran 20 yds and flopped over and it didn't deploy on the second deer but found him within 100yds still. Not good blood trails on either of them but I still put meat in the freezer so I'll be staying faithful to them.
Didn't deploy, I don't like the sound of that. I have never hunted with mechanicals but was kind of thinking about trying them. I shot a practice head the other day and it was dead on. I loved how they flew but I am skeptical about using a mechanical for the very reason you stated. Thanks for your help.

buckman84

Eight Pointer
Schwacker makes a good mechanical, really intrested in how their new fixed blades fly. But I've had good success with the mechanicals. Great blood trails and fly pretty straight.

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
Heavy arrows and broadside shots. I hate the little entry hole. I lost my biggest velvet deer a few years ago with one and a FMJ. Shot was my fought. One lung on a quartering too shot. No pass though. Arrow snapped off. Lots of blood. Backed out and went in the morning and searched well. No deer. I think a coyote bumped him out of his death bed that night as I found the spot he laid up. No telling. I feel like if I would have had a fixed blade on it would have blown further into the animal and maybe passed through. One lung is tough no matter the broad head but... I think a lodged fixed blade would have stirred and cut as he ran off.
Anyway I’m not a fan of over the top jackknife heads. 100better options out there.

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
Tried them last year. Shot my biggest bow buck and never found him but.......I don’t blame the broadhead as much as I blame me because I shot him in the shoulder. A week later, I shot another buck absolutely perfect shot placement. Deer died with 50 yards with no real blood trail. I Wasn’t impressed but wasn’t bothered either. Went back to muzzy fixed blades this year.

CBD21

Eight Pointer
Had no problems out of the 100 or 125gr quick kills and good blood trails with compound and xbow.

Killed four deer with them. The deer never went far ,but I didn't get the best blood trails for some reason.
I only have a sample size of four so don't take this as the gospel.
They did fly very well out to at least 80 yds from my experience.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

22LR

Twelve Pointer
The 100 grain crossbow model from 330 fps crossbow has worked well for me. I have taken my share with them.

bowhuntingrook

Old Mossy Horns
What system was it? Elastic band? I know they don't open as fast as a rage. Entry holes with schwackers are usually smaller then Rage whenever they test them side by side.

bowhuntingrook

Old Mossy Horns
Heavy arrows and broadside shots. I hate the little entry hole. I lost my biggest velvet deer a few years ago with one and a FMJ. Shot was my fought. One lung on a quartering too shot. No pass though. Arrow snapped off. Lots of blood. Backed out and went in the morning and searched well. No deer. I think a coyote bumped him out of his death bed that night as I found the spot he laid up. No telling. I feel like if I would have had a fixed blade on it would have blown further into the animal and maybe passed through. One lung is tough no matter the broad head but... I think a lodged fixed blade would have stirred and cut as he ran off.
Anyway I’m not a fan of over the top jackknife heads. 100better options out there.

Call me next time, I will bring dog. But most 1 lung hit deer are never found, even with a dog. If I could legally release a catch dog it would increase chances. Now if you poke a hole in diaphragm you greatly increase your odds.

Andrewd

Six Pointer
I lost my biggest buck due to not opening. Had very little blood. Broadside shot at 20 yards. Arrow was a pass throw