Shoulder Surgery

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Well looks like my 2014 Deer season is just about over before it began. It looks like I need shoulder surgery that will keep me out of the game for 4-6 months. :(

Does anyone on here have any reccomendations for a great Shoulder Surgeon in the Carolinas?

Thanks!

buckshooter

Old Mossy Horns
Dr. Mark Roy...I think his office is in Eden , NC....had a friend that used him for that sort of surgery.

Last edited:

Grey Fox

Button Buck
Dr. Hurley at Ortho Carolina in Hickory did mine. The physical therapy is probably the most important aspect for rehabbing the shoulder. Rotator cuff?

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Had my labrum repair done by Dr. Isabel with Raleigh Orthopedics. He is the shoulder and knee surgeon for the Carolina Hurricanes..

tmcullen

Go with Firedogs guy. Hockey doctors are great with shoulders and knees!

hooch01

Dr. Boyette in Greenville did mine the day after Christmas. She has also done my knee always great job.

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Time for a crossbow!

I got one last season. I wont be able to use it this year until sometime in late november or december. :(

If I do make it out it will be in late december with something light and from a ground blind. Not the best conditions but hopefully I can make something work.

Uwharrieman

Ten Pointer
I had rotator cuff and right biceps surgery,
three hour operation took five hours.
Two screws in shoulder, rebuilt but it's pretty
much done for.

Dr Michael Dockery, sports medicine, works on
the Panthers players, and local college athletes.
He is with the UNC Healthcare systems, UNC Charlotte.

Good surgeon, and as mentioned, a good therapy
program afterwards. Good luck!

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I had rotator cuff and right biceps surgery,
three hour operation took five hours.
Two screws in shoulder, rebuilt but it's pretty
much done for.

Dr Michael Dockery, sports medicine, works on
the Panthers players, and local college athletes.
He is with the UNC Healthcare systems, UNC Charlotte.

Good surgeon, and as mentioned, a good therapy
program afterwards. Good luck!
Thanks! I guess you sign a release going in to allow them to fix whatever they find. It can turn something really simple into something really complex depending on what they find.

Dale

with an MRI in hand, they normally have a fairly good idea of what's going on... I've had both of mine done, the left was an open it up look at everything and fix it all... that one I had a 6 month recovery before they'd let me go back to work, took a year till it felt good and fully recovered... the right one was after I retired, done arthroscopically, but still had a good 6 months till it was back and working good... what ever you get done make sure you follow the Dr's orders and rehab it thoroughly... DO NOT try to rush your recovery, the shoulder has poor circulation and takes a lot longer to heal back up...