Should I do it.....

ditchbank

Banned
I have mixed emotions about what I wanna do. I have turkey giving me a fit. He is always one step ahead of me and smart. I did t think they were so smart. I was almost under his tree yesterday morning and he gobbled a few times and and when a Jake came out and gobbled he hushed. I watched him strut the other day after he landed from the tree and couldn’t do anything with him. There’s is a lot of Jakes I believe have him scared because he is a big Tom and those Jake gangs whoop up on him. He doesn’t like decoys. The question I’m asking is it wrong to sit under his tree in the evening and when he flys into it. Shoot him out?? I feel like that is too easy and he roost way before ITS time to quit. But I feel when he is on the ground it’s me against him. I feel if I shoot him out of his tree I’m cheating. I know Dead is dead, and it doesn’t matter but need some help making my decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ditchbank

Banned
If you think its cheating then no I wouldn't do it.

I do, it’s almost like spot lighting in a sense. I know where he is going and what he does. But he is smart. But being human I’m way smarter. I could sit under that tree and shoot him right out of it. But I feel this s game and I would be cheating.

Winnie 70

Ten Pointer
Have you seen him fly down? Where does he go when on ground....walk away, get with hens. need some more info.

ditchbank

Banned
748a8a6799fbfb1a22fc12fa7183a6d9.jpg

He is dead!! No tree shot. Walked near his tree and saw movement, knew it was a turkey and purred. He very cautiously came in and got zapped.

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
Glad it worked out for you. I value the thrill of a fair chase way more than the kill.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
none of my business but you did ask. :)

you will be faced with that same deal again. you can get under one on purpose or by accident. I have done both just this year.

I hope that your experience this time has got your mind "right" when the occasion next arises to limb one or hopefully not.

you killed him without the drama. Do it the same way next time.

remember young son is looking at you for guidance in these things.;)