Sheriff responds to 911 calls about coyotes....

LanceR

Six Pointer
Contributor
Monroe County, NY is the upstate county where Rochester, NY is. As coyotes have continued to move into suburban, exurban and urban areas the county sheriff got tired of the increasing number of 911 calls prompted by coyote sightings....

He'd get my vote.....

Lance

FITZH2O

Old Mossy Horns
Monroe County, NY is the upstate county where Rochester, NY is. As coyotes have continued to move into suburban, exurban and urban areas the county sheriff got tired of the increasing number of 911 calls prompted by coyote sightings....

View attachment 32634

He'd get my vote.....

Lance

That’s funny right there ???

LanceR

Six Pointer
Contributor
I don't know if that picture is actually from Monroe County or whether that critter is collared for sure but over the 10 years I was involved with the NYS Fish and Wildlife Management Board there were a number of research projects involving coyotes that led to some form of collar being attached for varying periods of time.

Studies I remember were for everything from coyote predation studies to determine their individual eating habits, range distribution and changes with time of year or availability of particular foods, how living in urban/suburban areas changed their habits, coyote effects on fawn and adult deer mortality etc....

Lance

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I don't know if that picture is actually from Monroe County or whether that critter is collared for sure but over the 10 years I was involved with the NYS Fish and Wildlife Management Board there were a number of research projects involving coyotes that led to some form of collar being attached for varying periods of time.

Studies I remember were for everything from coyote predation studies to determine their individual eating habits, range distribution and changes with time of year or availability of particular foods, how living in urban/suburban areas changed their habits, coyote effects on fawn and adult deer mortality etc....

Lance

I was just stirring the red woof pot. :) :)

darekzman

Four Pointer
I wonder if the Sheriff has the same flyer for a bunny with big ears eating a carrot and asking what's up doc?

LanceR

Six Pointer
Contributor
I was just stirring the red woof pot. :) :)

I figured as much but I wasn't going to lift the lid and look into the pot. The cartoons were silly enough....

How did you daughter in Florida do last week? Did she or her grandparents have any issues? When our son was at Embry-Riddle over in Daytona we had some concern about such things. He had no family within 400 miles but his girlfriend's (now his wife's) aunt and uncle lived in Orlando and were pretty much surrogate grandparents.

Lance

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I figured as much but I wasn't going to lift the lid and look into the pot. The cartoons were silly enough....

How did you daughter in Florida do last week? Did she or her grandparents have any issues? When our son was at Embry-Riddle over in Daytona we had some concern about such things. He had no family within 400 miles but his girlfriend's (now his wife's) aunt and uncle lived in Orlando and were pretty much surrogate grandparents.

Lance

All is well down by the mouse house. She didn't have any problems and even dropped by to visit us. The storm scared people away form the parks, cooled things off for a few days, and provided a breeze.