Shed hunting

Aaron H

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I'm in the dead center of the state. Earliest I have ever known a buck to shed was January 26th. I've seen bucks hold antlers till at least Valentine's Day. I usually wait till March 1st tolook for them.

HotSoup

Ten Pointer
I'm in the dead center of the state. Earliest I have ever known a buck to shed was January 26th. I've seen bucks hold antlers till at least Valentine's Day. I usually wait till March 1st tolook for them.
Saw a nice 8 on 902 between Pittsboro and Bear Creek 2 weeks ago with half missing

Packfan

Four Pointer
Found a fresh 4point side last Saturday in a clover field. A 130ish 9pt that my son missed in the season dropped his last Monday. I saw him with half a rack in our field but have yet to find either side. Looked for a couple of hours this past Sunday.

JJWise

Eight Pointer
I found one side with 2 points on accident a couple weeks ago right next to the flight line. I’m not going shed hunting but I’d love to find some while I’m out scouting

Sp8

Six Pointer
Saw small 8pt standing on the side of the road still holding both sides this morning on my way to work

Deerherder

Eight Pointer
I’m going to take the dog & go look on Saturday. The only problem is a lot of the back part of the farm is under water!

44spec

Spike
Still see bucks on the camera holding on to their horns. I have only found one small horn so far. Been slow I picked up 14 sheds last year.

timekiller13

Twelve Pointer
I haven't found any yet, but my buddy found 2 on public land last week. I'm working WAY too much over the next 2 weeks but then I have 8 days in a row off at the end of March, I'm going to look hard then.

appmtnhntr

Ten Pointer
It’s happening. My spikes are all unicorns. The bucks are hitting the corn hard still, but does have moved on to red minerals since last week and slowed down on corn.

bwfarms

Six Pointer
I saw 3 verified bucks this morning, only one had lost one side.

There were six in the group, one of the antlerless looked like a buck but I couldn't confirm. Probably go walk that area tomorrow.