Shearon Harris (Harris Lake)

Bass-n-Deer-416

Four Pointer
My dad has recently acquired a boat and he loves to crappie fish. He has primarily only fished ponds and rarely got the chance to go out to the lake with someone. Was wondering if anybody could give us some tips on lures/colors and any particular locations to try so that we can get him on some crappie. Not looking for anybody to give up their spot but would appreciate any help.

thelivecanary

Eight Pointer
Fish near the bridge and any of the verticle piles of the power lines. There's also fish attractors placed in there by the state, those should hold fish. As for bait a 1/32 oz jig head with a small curly tail or paddle tail grub and a crappie nibble will get bit if you cast it out and slowly retrieve it back.

thelivecanary

Eight Pointer
If you want to just catch fish, bring worms and rig them with a 1/4 drop shot and fish the bridge area for some really nice white perch action. You'll catch crappie this way too.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
My dad has recently acquired a boat and he loves to crappie fish. He has primarily only fished ponds and rarely got the chance to go out to the lake with someone. Was wondering if anybody could give us some tips on lures/colors and any particular locations to try so that we can get him on some crappie. Not looking for anybody to give up their spot but would appreciate any help.
and he can travel a few miles north and play with the crappie at Jordan. they are notorious for congregating at bridges.
I am no crappie expert but know plenty crappie killers and they say minnows trump small jigs many times.

and your phrase in your forum header is outstanding Bass-n-Deer-416.(y)

Bass-n-Deer-416

Four Pointer
Thanks for all the tips and advice. A guy I work with suggested fishing the hydrilla edges, any truth to that? I know hydrilla usually holds bass, just not sure about the crappie.