Shady plots

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
And I don’t mean sketchy places to bury the in-laws cheap..... have 2 areas cleared and they both are in hardwood bottoms (no acorns) where the hardwoods block roughly 50% of the light. Moisture and ph are great and the area isn’t prone to flooding. I’ve been looking at some varied mixes of Brescias (sp) but I’m not sure if it’s workable for shade. So what say ye micro plot experts ????? Also I have the area prepared and tilled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Clover does well in partial shade. Also, Oats will sprout in a closet I think. They will jump up 6 inches without direct sunlight. That may be as big as they get, but they are a good attractant right out of the ground. I wouldn't plant anything that takes a long growing season before being available for food.

You can always mix in brassicas to see if they will grow. The good thing about plots like this is you are free to experiment without losing much. Either plant multiple patches or plant a blend, and see what works in that specific spot.

buckshooter

Old Mossy Horns
And I don’t mean sketchy places to bury the in-laws cheap..... have 2 areas cleared and they both are in hardwood bottoms (no acorns) where the hardwoods block roughly 50% of the light. Moisture and ph are great and the area isn’t prone to flooding. I’ve been looking at some varied mixes of Brescias (sp) but I’m not sure if it’s workable for shade. So what say ye micro plot experts ????? Also I have the area prepared and tilled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whitetail Institute Pure Attraction !.......I've got on very good intel !