Server migration thread - questions or bug reports

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Use this thread once the server migration is complete to report issues or problems after the move.

You can also use this thread just as a landing zone to say "Hey...found you guys!"

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
The server migration will happen tomorrow 11/9/19 around noon. The site should be back up and accessible by 6 or 7 PM. That should be long enough for the DNS servers to get updated.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
IMPORTANT........

The server migration did NOT complete today due to a variety of issues. We have rescheduled the migration for TOMORROW, Sunday 11/10 at noon.

darekzman

Four Pointer
IMPORTANT........

The server migration did NOT complete today due to a variety of issues. We have rescheduled the migration for TOMORROW, Sunday 11/10 at noon.
Tell the migration tech to change the ttl on the DNS records to 15 minutes. Do you need any help? I would gladly donate in any way if needed.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Tell the migration tech to change the ttl on the DNS records to 15 minutes. Do you need any help? I would gladly donate in any way if needed.

I think they are just going to swap IP addresses on the machines themselves. I spoke to the tech about it today. So, if they do that, the downtime should be less than 15 min.

Thank you very much for the offer of assistance. PM me your email addy and I'll contact you if things go tits up.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
The migration looks to be pretty much complete. We are finishing up on the final comparison between the old machine and new one.

UPDATE: Server migration is complete.

Let me know if you find anything out of the ordinary.

Last edited:

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
From the public facing side, I see no difference other than 64.91.241.210 now responds to ICMP traffic.

Thank you! I am pretty sure I had ICMP turned off on the old server. Will look into doing the same for this one.

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Thanks! I am seeing no negative difference what-so-ever. Haven't had to do anything so far. Was fishing yesterday during your first start and on the way home from the coast today during the finish.

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Same here...didn't clear cache / cookies or anything...just clicked the same shortcut on my desktop and the forum opened right up as usual

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Use this thread once the server migration is complete to report issues or problems after the move.

You can also use this thread just as a landing zone to say "Hey...found you guys!"
Your upgrades always work fine with all the proper warnings within the stated time frame..
We have struggled with a vendor now for 6 weeks enduring their "system upgrade"
You are proof these things can be accomplished with zero drama.
Thank You.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Your upgrades always work fine with all the proper warnings within the stated time frame..
We have struggled with a vendor now for 6 weeks enduring their "system upgrade"
You are proof these things can be accomplished with zero drama.
Thank You.

You're welcome....I find it helps to pay for high quality software and a reputable webhost to begin with. Yes, it costs more...but its worth it in my opinion.