SENC Deer club openings for 2022

Brhc2

Button Buck
Figured I'd get a jump on it...located in Wilmington and looking to see what's available for club openings in Brunswick, Columbus, Duplin, Bladen or Pender county for the 2022 deer season. I prefer still hunting but don't mind being in a club that dog hunts. What clubs have openings or whats available for lease/who need members for a lease?

HarryNC

Eight Pointer
First, the good news: Your timing is right. Most clubs run their memberships on a calendar year basis, and some club members drop out every January. So, there will be some openings coming up soon.

Now, the bad news: Demand exceeds supply. I think most clubs have waiting lists. Do some internet searching and contact some clubs. Go out and see them, meet some members, maybe attend a club work day. If you like what you see, get on their list. Most openings will be filled by March, for sure before turkey season.

You may occasionally see a lease or club opportunity posted on this forum, but not many. Check here, Craigslist, Facebook, and move fast when something pops up.

One last tip: You'll get more traction here if you post a little introduction about yourself and contribute to the discussion.

Ex Military

Six Pointer
Little disappointed in the lack of replies on this ......😁
Nobody's gonna reply either i don't think. Less people on any particular tract of land means more deer for everybody else that's already there even if it means it costs a little more.

Ex Military

Six Pointer
Figured I'd get a jump on it...located in Wilmington and looking to see what's available for club openings in Brunswick, Columbus, Duplin, Bladen or Pender county for the 2022 deer season. I prefer still hunting but don't mind being in a club that dog hunts. What clubs have openings or whats available for lease/who need members for a lease?
Don't be to disappointed if not too many responses. I'm sure you can probably guess why no responses also.

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Don't be to disappointed if not too many responses. I'm sure you can probably guess why no responses also.
be honest, I'm not sure there's a lot of people from this part of the state on this forum. Might be more than I think, but I don't see it.

durdendeerman

Ten Pointer
Your best bet is gonna be to ride through Green Swamp and get some contact info off of posted signs or gates and call. There’s still a bunch of clubs in the area and they frequently need memebers.

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Honestly I don't know where to start to help you, but if you want help and insight on this forum , it pays to join in the conversation for awhile. Most clubs that need members are always gonna be dog clubs. Your still hunting clubs are smaller with less land in my experience. I would prefer to hunt with a dog club any day. You can still hunt the dog club when allowed, but too many of these new guys hunting don't realize that. Your die hard dog hunters won't waste time still hunting cause they only care about the chase with the dogs. Be on the lookout for a good dog club in Bladen and Pender County. Duplin will be a little harder to find one.