seen it ALL now,,,

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
the "road" we live on is a mile long,,, leased clear cut (timberland) on one side and the fellow who leases it owns land on the other side that has 20 year old pines,,, he hunts,,, sort of

the turkeys have always crossed that road,,,going about as turkeys do,,,

so was coming back from wandering the woods,,,and what do I see,,,

decoys

1 on the left side of the road,,,the side of the clearcut,,, and two on the other side,,, in the mowed open area before the woods,,,,

the best part???

his vehicle was 60 yards away parked in the clearcut,,, and this thing is a tied dyed painted gremlin or something,,,,(and yes, I have had gobblers strutting at my truck when I got back to it,,, but I generally don't see folks park where they are putting decoys!!)

not sure where he was "holded up" watching as I got the heck down the road before he heard me laughing

heck, may kill one!

NCbowjunkie

Ten Pointer
the "road" we live on is a mile long,,, leased clear cut (timberland) on one side and the fellow who leases it owns land on the other side that has 20 year old pines,,, he hunts,,, sort of

the turkeys have always crossed that road,,,going about as turkeys do,,,

so was coming back from wandering the woods,,,and what do I see,,,

decoys

1 on the left side of the road,,,the side of the clearcut,,, and two on the other side,,, in the mowed open area before the woods,,,,

the best part???

his vehicle was 60 yards away parked in the clearcut,,, and this thing is a tied dyed painted gremlin or something,,,,(and yes, I have had gobblers strutting at my truck when I got back to it,,, but I generally don't see folks park where they are putting decoys!!)

not sure where he was "holded up" watching as I got the heck down the road before he heard me laughing

heck, may kill one!
He may kill his vehicle also.

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
Reminds me of the time that Turkeyfoot and I pulled up to a gate on NF one morning way before daylight.
A man, sleeping in the back of his truck, raises up and leans out his back window and literally proceeds to beg us not to shoot him for 5 minutes. 🤪 Tells us where he is going to set up his decoys and begs us to not shoot him for another 5 minutes. I thought he was nuts. Oh well...

We walk way beyond him,Turkeyfoot kills a bird and as we are going out there sets 2 hen decoys right slam in the middle of the 2-lane gravel road. He is set up in the road. Guess he knew where they crossed 😏

From 125 yds out, with a gobbler slung over his shoulder TF starts hollering "coming thru, coming thru" 😂

I love this stuff....

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
Gameland permit one time, guy had a decoy in the middle of the road basically blocking about 25% of access to the entire gameland. Probably should have run over it but just turned around.