Seems odd

Zach's Grandpa

Old Mossy Horns
There is a huge auction sale being advertised about five miles from me for next Saturday. When I say huge I mean two auctioneers, one for outside and one inside. Antiques like I haven’t seen in years. Even a framed picture of Jesse James, he used to visit this area wife had relatives here.

So with the social distancing in place and limits on the number of people at a gathering, how can they have this?

Zach's Grandpa

Old Mossy Horns
Not by phone according to the ad. Says lunch available on site, help with loading, and gives terms for bidding. Nothing mentioned about phone or online bidding only.

Google search "auction sale on highway 150 Caswell Co". I don't know what will happen with all the craziness these days but in normal times this would attract several hundred people.

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
There is a huge auction sale being advertised about five miles from me for next Saturday. When I say huge I mean two auctioneers, one for outside and one inside. Antiques like I haven’t seen in years. Even a framed picture of Jesse James, he used to visit this area wife had relatives here.

So with the social distancing in place and limits on the number of people at a gathering, how can they have this?

Easy, gov blooper's orders don't equal laws and don't circumvent the bill of rights.

<>< Fish

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
if it is considered retail... then gathering limits don't apply

The mass gathering limit does not apply to retail businesses, restaurants, personal care and grooming businesses, pools, child care, day camps and overnight camps. In these settings, there are other restrictions, such as 50% reduced occupancy or putting 6 feet of distance between each group at a restaurant, to ensure that there is not overcrowding.

The prohibition on mass gatherings does not include gatherings for health and safety, to look for and obtain goods and services, for work or for receiving governmental services. A mass gathering does not include normal operations at airports, bus and train stations or stops, medical facilities, libraries, shopping malls and shopping centers. It also does not apply to the exercise of First Amendment rights. However, in these settings, people are strongly encouraged to follow the Three Ws and should avoid congregating in groups.

nckeith

Ten Pointer
Sorry Boone, I answer to the bill of rights. Which affirm my rights, not convey my rights. I have the right to assembly. Period.

I got in a discussion with my wife about her hospital who brought in a covid positive kid from Mexico for emergency cancer treatments. Liberal doctors did not want to isolate him for 14 days so all the staff was exposed. Same idiots who are fine with an American having to self isolate in Hawaii or Boone. Idiots.

Let this be a wake up call for all of us how little backbone our neighbors have and even the idiot police who would enforce it because they are controlled by the purse strings of moron politicians.

I’ve lost my patience for this crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

duck1996

Button Buck
Me and my 84 year old grandpa went to one in the middle of this whole deal back in early April. They called it an agricultural essential auction and rolled on. Probably 300+ at it then.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
There was a big boer goat auction in middle TN yesterday. It’s called the “bluegrass production sale” but Ky said no to any auctions so the organizers basically said screw you and moved it with to Cookeville TN which is wide open right now!!!!!!