Seek a boat fishing trip in Charlotte area

Status
Not open for further replies.

r2002

Button Buck
Anyone is willing to take me and my father-in-law for a boat fishing trip in Charlotte and surrounding area? I will pay for gas.

I am not asking for a fishing guide, just want to be a one-time fishing buddy. Any lake, any fish will do. I always want to catch a few yellow perch though, and my son like to eat catfish because it has no small bones.

Thanks a lot!
Richard

Last edited:

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
Anyone is willing to take me and my father-in-law for a boat fishing trip in Charlotte and surrounding area? I will pay for gas.

Thanks a lot!
Richard

What about my wear and tear, and my insurance and all of the other related expenses and costs?? The Hickory trip might be your best uninsured bet...
Your asking for a guided fishing trip and wanting to pay for GAS.... good luck...

r2002

Button Buck
What about my wear and tear, and my insurance and all of the other related expenses and costs?? The Hickory trip might be your best uninsured bet...
Your asking for a guided fishing trip and wanting to pay for GAS.... good luck...
It surely is not for everyone. I will sign release of liability.

bigfish

Four Pointer
I can’t understand why some people have to be such butts when the gentleman was simply asking for someone to take him and his father-in-law fishing .. not everyone is fortunate enough to own a boat or property to fish on so they ask for someone to be a friend and take them.. if you don’t want to be that person that is your choice but don’t be a butt about it and post snide remarks, simply pass on by!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Did not know you ran a guide service....

Wear and tear along with insurance is part of owning a boat for me....
Taking others out to have fun, teach them about fishing is just being a good sportsman.

Can't count the number of people I have taken out over the years.... For free...done it for Vets and just normal people.
Just part of life as a sportsman.

To the OP this spring if you find your way up to Gaston, I would try to put you on fish if you want.

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
Why don't a few of you tag along for a day or two and see what really goes on in the life of a Guide Service Person.
People approach you constantly at a boat ramp while you're busy trying to get things ready to take a client out to ask if you take people fishing/hunting. Well what else would I be doing here at the crack of dawn or before?? They waste my time asking endless questions and telling me about the time they went out with a Guide in some other state and had a lousy time. Then asking how much, and when you tell them it starts the bargaining procedure, if it's that much would the rate go down if I brought my brother?? What makes you think it's cheaper by the dozen?? Then we go into the "CASH" speech like I'm going to admit to cheating the tax man out of his share just for you. For all I know YOU are the tax man.
And let's don't forget the part about gear, I prefer to supply all of the gear. I know what condition MY gear is in but I don't know how well you take care of your stuff. If we're on the water and a piece of MY gear goes south I'll either fix it on the spot or hand you another rig so you can continue your day. If YOUR gear goes south I won't work on it, hopefully YOU have a replacement because if you insisted on bringing YOUR stuff I didn't bring mine.
Then we finally leave the boat ramp and within 1/2 mile every swinging d*ck at the ramp is running up my ass trying to follow me to some super secret hot spot. We're all fishing the same lake, okay.... Then I get the "long distance" spy, the guy that sits about 100 yards away with his binoculars (I've even had one guy use a spotting scope one day) trying to see what lure I'm using and how I'm holding my mouth. They follow every time I move the boat, even if I only go to the other side of the cove.
Then we finally get back to the ramp and YOUR day is over, MINE has just begun. I need to return those 5 calls I got today but wouldn't answer because I respect YOUR paid time on the water and receiving my undivided attention. I need to attend to the boat, motor, batteries and other gear so it's ready to go again the next day and doesn't get neglected.
Folks, it gets old and it's one reason I've cut back to a small core of past clients and won't take any new ones. If IRS didn't MAKE me mark the boat, I wouldn't which would cut down on a LOT of the issues I experience. So walk a few steps in my shoes before you criticize...

bigfish

Four Pointer
No one is criticizing you or your occupation, hell I wish I could do your job myself sometimes. I simply stated the he was asking for someone to be friendly and let him fish with them not asking for handouts.. you could simply pass it by , keep scrolling and let it be instead of make snide remarks

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
No one is criticizing you or your occupation, hell I wish I could do your job myself sometimes. I simply stated the he was asking for someone to be friendly and let him fish with them not asking for handouts.. you could simply pass it by , keep scrolling and let it be instead of make snide remarks

Or just said I'm a guide and please contact me if you would like more information about my guide service. It runs between xxx and xxx.

r2002

Button Buck
Did not know you ran a guide service....

Wear and tear along with insurance is part of owning a boat for me....
Taking others out to have fun, teach them about fishing is just being a good sportsman.

Can't count the number of people I have taken out over the years.... For free...done it for Vets and just normal people.
Just part of life as a sportsman.

To the OP this spring if you find your way up to Gaston, I would try to put you on fish if you want.

What fish is Gaston known for in March? Thanks a lot!

josh

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Why don't a few of you tag along for a day or two and see what really goes on in the life of a Guide Service Person.
People approach you constantly at a boat ramp while you're busy trying to get things ready to take a client out to ask if you take people fishing/hunting. Well what else would I be doing here at the crack of dawn or before?? They waste my time asking endless questions and telling me about the time they went out with a Guide in some other state and had a lousy time. Then asking how much, and when you tell them it starts the bargaining procedure, if it's that much would the rate go down if I brought my brother?? What makes you think it's cheaper by the dozen?? Then we go into the "CASH" speech like I'm going to admit to cheating the tax man out of his share just for you. For all I know YOU are the tax man.
And let's don't forget the part about gear, I prefer to supply all of the gear. I know what condition MY gear is in but I don't know how well you take care of your stuff. If we're on the water and a piece of MY gear goes south I'll either fix it on the spot or hand you another rig so you can continue your day. If YOUR gear goes south I won't work on it, hopefully YOU have a replacement because if you insisted on bringing YOUR stuff I didn't bring mine.
Then we finally leave the boat ramp and within 1/2 mile every swinging d*ck at the ramp is running up my ass trying to follow me to some super secret hot spot. We're all fishing the same lake, okay.... Then I get the "long distance" spy, the guy that sits about 100 yards away with his binoculars (I've even had one guy use a spotting scope one day) trying to see what lure I'm using and how I'm holding my mouth. They follow every time I move the boat, even if I only go to the other side of the cove.
Then we finally get back to the ramp and YOUR day is over, MINE has just begun. I need to return those 5 calls I got today but wouldn't answer because I respect YOUR paid time on the water and receiving my undivided attention. I need to attend to the boat, motor, batteries and other gear so it's ready to go again the next day and doesn't get neglected.
Folks, it gets old and it's one reason I've cut back to a small core of past clients and won't take any new ones. If IRS didn't MAKE me mark the boat, I wouldn't which would cut down on a LOT of the issues I experience. So walk a few steps in my shoes before you criticize...
Calm down lol

OP is looking for a “fishing buddy” to tag along with AND he is offering to pay for gas, no big deal

I’m gonna be the guy you described though... I don’t do guided stuff much, only time is offshore fishing, most are good experiences

I did fish with one captain that was a dick in the gulf, I just wanted to have fun grouper/snapper fishing, I was curious about bait/depth /structure etc and this fella was just a cranky ass, and just wanted us to shut up and catch the limit as fast as possible. Heck I just want to have fun and make small talk and maybe a friend but not with this fella, If you don’t like people or fishing.....why be a fishing guide ???? Haha

thandy

Ten Pointer

So going by this I assume this is your "job"? Sounds like you hate your job. I mean I have been doing the same thing for 20+ years and there are things about it I don't like and I get it that anything can become a grind. BUT two things.... this is what you signed up for and you are FISHING!

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
FYI... I love people AND fishing, I hate idiots and imbeciles..... What you were asking him was info/knowledge that he probably had to learn/find out the hard (expensive) way. Did you ask for his coordinates while you were at it??
Do you not realize that's why a lot of us hire guides in the first place? To shorten our learning curve...

Status
Not open for further replies.