Second Creek Gameland Impoundment

trjr3700

Button Buck
I have scouted this impoundment and am interested in hunting it this season (2019/20). I have put in for a late season waterfowl permit. My question is - are you able to hunt the impoundment in the early season with just a Second Creek Gameland permit (which is point of sale vs drawing)?

Thanks.

Clark

Ten Pointer
No, because now there will be 100 people in there ahead of you.
Alvin does NOT (edit) show an early season permit but a late season permit is required....

Last edited:

trjr3700

Button Buck
Thanks for the reply.

I suspected that the impoundment would be crowded in the early season. I still do not see a specific Second Creek Gameland early season waterfowl permit on ALVIN.

valetroutfisherman

Ten Pointer
I looked up the game land regulations. This GL is a permit only area, so no early season duck. I'm gonna have to check it out to see if there is enough water for a canoe or kayak.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

valetroutfisherman

Ten Pointer
Looking at the permits, they only allow 3 ppl in the WF Impoundment on any given day. Looking at Google maps looks to be about 14 acres

valetroutfisherman

Ten Pointer
Go figure. They probably depend on rain to fill it up. Not a good "management" program for that area. Imo

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Not to spoil the fun BUT that impoundment is often dry come duck season...
I was wondering if they had done anything to it. I had hunted it quite a bit years ago when it was still private land and that was the case if it was a dry year.

trjr3700

Button Buck
After digging through the NCWRC information on the web, I finally found it. A second creek (POS) permit allows: ◾Waterfowl (Early Season): Authorizes hunting waterfowl on opening and closing days of the early waterfowl season.

I would appear that you have to have the draw permit for late season.

valetroutfisherman

Ten Pointer
After digging through the NCWRC information on the web, I finally found it. A second creek (POS) permit allows: ◾Waterfowl (Early Season): Authorizes hunting waterfowl on opening and closing days of the early waterfowl season.

I would appear that you have to have the draw permit for late season.
I looked it up also, after i read this, and it was buried in a Small game permit, you had to open it and read all the rules to find it.