Seafood in Wilmington

Stilhuntin

Four Pointer
I will be In Wilmington next week working for a few days. Any recommendations on a restaurant with great seafood will be appreciated.
Thanks

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
Catch, hieronymus, cape fear seafood company, dock street, something fishy
those would be my top picks with Catch being the best. Honestly Wilmington could do better when it comes to good seafood restaurants.

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
My last visit to hieronymus was just that...my last, not good at all. Your mileage may vary.

I have never had a bad meal or bad service at the Bridge Tender on the water way before you cross the bridge to Wrightsville Beach.

BengalTiger

Six Pointer
Fish Bites on Carolina Beach Rd is a smaller place that always has a wait to get a table. Eaten there 4-5 times and always had good food and drink.

ABBD

Ten Pointer
Contributor
My last visit to hieronymus was just that...my last, not good at all. Your mileage may vary.

I have never had a bad meal or bad service at the Bridge Tender on the water way before you cross the bridge to Wrightsville Beach.

Bridge Tender earns high marks from me as well. Great food and service.

JayDB

Eight Pointer
When in school at UNCW we always ate at Fish House off Airlie Rd. (just before the bridge).

Have been there a few times over the years. I liked it as much as when I used to eat there 25 years ago.

g3trappernc

Twelve Pointer

I second Bridge Tender. Other than long wait times for a table during seasons, I have never had an issue.

bowtoot

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Something Fishy is a good meal at a decent price. CapeFear Seafood and Fish Bites are a little more expensive, but very good.

shurshot

Ten Pointer
I’ve lived here for almost a quarter decade. Sadly, there’s not really what I’d consider a really great seafood place. Some fairly good ones, yeah but portions are generally small to the high price you pay. The very best place I found in the area was Holland’s Shelter Creek near Burgaw but sadly Florence flooded her out for the last time ...