Sea sickness

MyHrly

Six Pointer
My ex MIL has an actual issue with it. As long as she was above board she was fine. You put her in the cabin where she couldn't see and she would be hurling in 5 mins and once it started it took a while for her to stop. And that went for night also, if it was dark enough she couldn't see, same thing.
watch the horizon not the boat, watching the boat rise and fall its what gets most people.

Starfan

Eight Pointer
If you get car sick or sick on rides you will get seasick if you don’t take something. Motion sickness is the same no matter where you are imo. Now I do think some people dwell on it and mentally makes there self sick. I’ve been fortunate that going to sea has never bothered me. Congratulations on your fish, I love grunts.

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
watch the horizon not the boat, watching the boat rise and fall its what gets most people.

Thats very true. I filmed the handrail to show my wife even on a calm day watching the boat can get you. This was a perfect day and yet the boat was still moving up and down enough that if someone watched the railing they could have gotten sick......my sister in law would get sick just watching this video.....she is super prone to motion sickness.

SharpShooter

Ten Pointer
I’ll post it one more time. Get your doctor to write a prescription for Scopolamine compounded .4mg pills. Medical Park pharmacy in Greenville and Morehead City does this and it only takes Lauren about a day to getting it worked in.

golfer

Four Pointer
Can you read while riding in a car for a good amount of time without getting sick? If so, you will likely be ok on the ocean. Reading in a car is a good preview of what's to come.