Sea Robin

Part-time hunter

Ten Pointer
My 8 year old grandson caught this using Gulp artificial bloodworms on a two hook bottom rig on Johnny Mercer's pier. I'd never seen one before and one of the old pros said they were pretty rare around here. A buddy who lives on Harker's Island said they catch them all the time while bottom fishing around his place. Anyway it was really small and it didn't look tasty so we threw it back. Just goes to show you never know what you may catch in the ocean.

Attachments

• sea robin.jpg
    sea robin.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 72

FITZH2O

Old Mossy Horns
My 8 year old grandson caught this using Gulp artificial bloodworms on a two hook bottom rig on Johnny Mercer's pier. I'd never seen one before and one of the old pros said they were pretty rare around here. A buddy who lives on Harker's Island said they catch them all the time while bottom fishing around his place. Anyway it was really small and it didn't look tasty so we threw it back. Just goes to show you never know what you may catch in the ocean.

Why I love saltwater fishing... always getting surprised!!

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
the first one of those I saw was while spearfishing in the Caribbean back in late 1983,,,,,I spent 6 months on St Vincent and most every day was in the water,,,seen that fish on the bottom and was like "WHAT!!",,word bubbles and all,,,,freaky looking the first time,,,

Starfan

Eight Pointer
I saw a cooking show where they were eating them. Said they were great. I’ve been throwing them back my whole life but the next one I catch, I will find out for myself if it is true.

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
the first one of those I saw was while spearfishing in the Caribbean back in late 1983,,,,,I spent 6 months on St Vincent and most every day was in the water,,,seen that fish on the bottom and was like "WHAT!!",,word bubbles and all,,,,freaky looking the first time,,,

That did not bother me... but that face to face meeting I had with a Mora Eel... that made me back peddle. Just snorkeling along the reefs in Grenada spear fishing for supper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk