SE Louisiana Duck Report

Delta Duckman

Button Buck
Date Hunted 11/16/2019:

No ducks in SE Louisiana either.

Very few ducks in the sky again. We have had cold weather and we have the food, no ducks. We had two chances today at ducks. Eight teal came in and we shot five. About 10 Dosgris passed over the back of and we did not have a good shot so we were hoping they would come back but didn't. That is it.

Highlight of the day was the 150 coot (pouledeau) pack that slowly came to us behind the blind. The were bunched up tight and we put nine shots into them. Ground rake. Picked up a bunch and shot some more to get the pouledeau limit of 45. Get the crock pot ready for the stews. 11-16-19.jpg

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
I love a good coot slaying. A long time ago at shearon Harris my buddies and me had a raft float in on a day where it was blowing a full gale and it appeared in the waves that there might be been 15 in the group tops. We opened up into them with 12 shots and an hour later we nearly ran out of gas picking them up lol fun times. We used to have tons of them, can't even kill coots any more.

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
I love a good coot slaying. A long time ago at shearon Harris my buddies and me had a raft float in on a day where it was blowing a full gale and it appeared in the waves that there might be been 15 in the group tops. We opened up into them with 12 shots and an hour later we nearly ran out of gas picking them up lol fun times. We used to have tons of them, can't even kill coots any more.
They started killing the grass on harris...