SD card reader for Iphone

golfer

Four Pointer
Anyone know of a reliable SD card reader for iOS that does not require you to import your photos? I lost mine that allowed you to view straight from the card without having to import thousands of pictures.

Thank you in advance.

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I used to sell them but iOS was continually trying to shut them down with ever patch. Boneview has one with a short 4-5" cord. That one works most of the time.

golfer

Four Pointer
Thank you all. Just gave Amazon a little more money and ordered the Boneview. Have a good weekend.

DarrinG

Six Pointer
I downloaded the free Ap for my phone (which took about 10 seconds) and the Tracker worked perfectly first time trying it. Works well since also. Good luck with yours!

herman

Six Pointer
Received my tracker monday,had already downloaded the app.
Put a sd card in and it worked just like it was supposed too first time. I like the little case it comes in also.

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Received my tracker monday,had already downloaded the app.
Put a sd card in and it worked just like it was supposed too first time. I like the little case it comes in also.
If you run into problems with certain cards make sure you check the formatting of the specific card. You should also wait a few weeks after Apple releases updated iOS so that the app can be updated. Apple does not approve of using these readers and they are always trying to shut them down.

Billy

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
If you run into problems with certain cards make sure you check the formatting of the specific card. You should also wait a few weeks after Apple releases updated iOS so that the app can be updated. Apple does not approve of using these readers and they are always trying to shut them down.
Any idea why Apple does not approve of using these readers? Do they sell one?

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Any idea why Apple does not approve of using these readers? Do they sell one?
They sell card reader that loads everything in to your photos. It really sucks especially if you have 100's or 1000's of photos to go through. Many of the readers use unauthorized lightning parts as well.

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Just for another reference, I got this off Amazon, only $10.xx, works perfectly.
Displays all photos on the SD card, lets me click/select which one(s) I want loaded into my iPhone, done.
( also includes an adapter card to accept the tiny micro cards )

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Will this also work with ipad

Says it does:

Description
With the Lightning to SD card reader, it's easy to download photos and videos from your digital camera to your iPad or iPhone.
So you can view them on the your devices and share them with family and friends.

Compatibility:
✔iPhone Models: iPhone 5, 5C, 5S, 6, 6S, 6 Plus, 6S Plus, iPhone SE, 7, 7 Plus ,8 , 8 Plus, X.
✔iPad Models: iPad Mini, Mini 2, Air, Air 2, Mini 3, Mini 4, iPad Pro 9.7-inch,iPad Pro 10.5-inch,iPad Pro 12.9-inch.
✔Cards: SD card, Micro SD/TF card with adapter