Scope Suggestions

DrSpeed

Eight Pointer
I have Maxim 50 (Traditions vortex strikefire) and I have the continual problem of finding the right scope or sight to put on it. I have continually switched in between a few no-name 3-9x25s off of other guns, had a couple issues with keeping zero, fog and general crappiness, and I now have an un-zeroed sig romeo on it. What do you all recommend for a .50/209 scope/sight? I am thinking of adding a 3x magnifier to the red dot, or swapping it for a lvpo or burris 3-9x50, but I am hesitant to spend the money and have the recoil kill it or mess with zero.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Look for name brand main line scopes.

It may not be your scope. Could be your mount and rings. Even awalking zero due to the loads and cleaning.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I'm no expert but even a cheap Simmons or tasco on my muzzloader hasn't lost zero as long as I keep clean barrel each year I go check it on paper most times perfect occasionally have shoot 2 times get in dialed in. Midway has couple ML scopes on sale right now

DrSpeed

Eight Pointer
It may not be your scope. Could be your mount and rings. Even awalking zero due to the loads and cleaning.
The loads should be fine, it's loose BH209 in 100gr measure.
You might be on to something with the rings though, I hadn't thought of that.

buckshooter

Old Mossy Horns
Call the guys in Sanford at DNZ

919 777-9608

They'll set you up with some great rings or bases.

Then get one of the Freedom line scopes from leupold.