Scope cam

shadebaby

Six Pointer
Does anyone have an adapter that allows you to mount your smartphone to your scope to video your shot? I have seen a couple on the internet but I am hesitant about having the phone so close to my face.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Does anyone have an adapter that allows you to mount your smartphone to your scope to video your shot? I have seen a couple on the internet but I am hesitant about having the phone so close to my face.

yes, but I only use the adapter on binoculars and spotting scopes,,, see no need to clutter up my rifle when I am fixing on killing something

I have used phoneskope for years

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
I have a FTS for the Tactacam. Main issue it the proper alignment with the reticle. Bolt is in the way on that side and nose is in the way when mounted opposite of the bolt. Canting the FTS will cause the video to be canted. Recoil will move the camera, so you don't get point of impact. I think a camera mounted on a independent bracket is best. Tactacam is decent, but the best video we have taken was with my wife's Samsung S21. We have tried Lid Cam. I like it second but it is heavy on my hat and tilts down. We have several Go Pros they are my least liked.