School Tourney On Kerr Scott

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Hey guys I've got a tournament the 15th of November on Kerr Scott that is for the bass club here at App State. I'm not asking for secret lures or spots by any means but I would appreciate any tips for fishing this lake this time of year. I'm going with a guy 3 times before the actual tourney to get a little practice in but I really don't even know where to start this time of year. Are they still on top water or are jerks and deep cranks the way to go this late in the year?
Thanks for advice you may have.

gameland

Twelve Pointer
Still might be a little to warm for jerkbaits to be the primary lure but i could be wrong depending on how cold the water is. I would look at some medium crankbaits or spinnerbaits and you always can go to a shakey head. Alabama rig could be hot. Might not rule out a buzzbait bite either. I know I've covered from top to bottom but that's what I would throw during practice and fine tune it from there.

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Still might be a little to warm for jerkbaits to be the primary lure but i could be wrong depending on how cold the water is. I would look at some medium crankbaits or spinnerbaits and you always can go to a shakey head. Alabama rig could be hot. Might not rule out a buzzbait bite either. I know I've covered from top to bottom but that's what I would throw during practice and fine tune it from there.

Thanks gameland. I know a few fish have already been caught on a jerk in that lake but like you said it might not really be a primary lure. I'm stocked up on spinnerbaits so I should be good there. I figured I would just throw a little of everything until I found what they liked and fine tune to the bigger fish from there like you said. Either way I'll be on the water so it should be a good time

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
If i were in your shoes i would pm Sudden Impact a poster here.

he is good on mountain reservoirs.

i have just one piece of advice-- the wind is your friend.

any lake like kerr scott gets better the darker the day and the more wind you have. Good Luck.