Scam Alert.

Zach's Grandpa

Old Mossy Horns
Just got a “this is your grandson “ call I let him get to the part where he isn’t doing so good and needs money. I let him have it with both barrels. Don’t think he will be calling grampa again. Low life scum

BigBow

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I got a text yesterday that said my Costco receipt was selected in a drawing for an ipad. All I needed to do was click on the link provided to claim my prize.... I've never stepped foot inside a Costco.
Got the same call. Have not been a Costco member for 15 years.

BigBow

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Facebook has an advertisement for a Honda EU 2200 Inverter generator for a mere $79 today. Ad says they have 600 of them in the warehouse.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
My wife is a patient woman(she has to be, she’s married to me after all), but these scammers drive her nuts. We’ll be sitting at home and her phone will ring. She will answer it and then her face will turn red and she will storm out of the house( so the younguns don’t hear foul language) and you can hear a string of obscenities a mile and a half long come flying out of her mouth at the top of her lungs.

Don’t know why she bothers to go outside. The younguns can still hear every word she says….lol!!!

CJF

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
My brother loves these calls. He tells them he is glad they called and that he just got out of the shower and is naked and would love to tell them about it. He had one guy tell him he was disgusting. My brother pointed out hey you called me. Another threatened him with he was going to call his lawyer. My brother laughed and said what is your attorneys' name he might know him. (My brother is an attorney) Threats of calling a lawyer doesn't bother him much being a lawyer and from Texas. I usually tell them I am glad they called because I have an opportunity for them to get their car warrantied cheap. I keep badgering them for make, year and model til they hang up on me.

ellwoodjake

Twelve Pointer
Had some camel jockey call me last week, and introduced himself as "Bob" I quickly responded, "what's your last name, Bob?" This really caught him off guard, and he stammered forever before coming up with, "Smith". "I'm glad you called me, Bob Smith, because, according to our records, your car warranty will soon expire" :ROFLMAO: "Bob,......Bob.......Bob Smith, are you still there?"

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
Y’all thinks that’s something? I am a Consulate General of the United States. Someone from India called me… I saved the voicemail so the next time some of you see me ask me and I will play it for you.

Steelshot

Eight Pointer
I know a bunch on here have SECU accounts, a little while ago I got a text about my account was restricted. We were proactive and called CS.

CONFIRMED SCAM

View attachment 101716
Vercel is a dead give away for a scam. It allows a scammer to build a webpage that looks dang near identical to a legit business but it’s just a way to trick you into giving up your info by making you think it’s legit. Duke energy has been in the news quite a bit with storm relief so only makes sense they would use that as a front to prey on people.

valetroutfisherman

Ten Pointer
My wife got a text yesterday, From Netflix. Said they couldn't process our OCT payment and account is temp locked. gave us a link to update our billing info.....Haven't had a Netflix account active for about 4 years.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
I get calls for my late brother. I tell them he doesn't live here anymore but I'll be happy to give them his address. They hang up after hearing "cemetary". Still get a lot of mail for him. Most of it is medicare plans since he would have turned 65 this December.