SC changes article

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Sounds like some folks are not gonna be hunting SC next year..... almost like they are trying to discourage non residents from Turkey hunting.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
That 1 bird in first 10 days would be deal breaker for me just for simple fact I would be hunting zone 1 or 2 for early start also gonna keep pressure on later into season. Give it couple years see what happens they may want that non res money back

Reactions: jug

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I’ll be there one more year at least,,,,but it sure will change my groove,,,no more “two-fers”,,,

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I’ll be there one more year at least,,,,but it sure will change my groove,,,no more “two-fers”,,,
that is fun when it happens.
the last one I killed this year had a running buddy but I didn't see him till I went to get the dead one.
I was looking for a third bird for the first time in SC. I didn't know that 3 was legal in the county I was in. It had always been two. landowner straightened me out on that so I was pumped about an extra tag.
It's ok for me with them going back to two, but two at a time is nice.
It's a long way down there for me. :)

PG2

Ten Pointer
Sounds like some folks are not gonna be hunting SC next year..... almost like they are trying to discourage non residents from Turkey hunting.
They have already done this with the deer hunting for non residents...

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
They have already done this with the deer hunting for non residents...
I sure know that NC has made it tough for folks to bring one back in the state as well as any stuff SC did to discourage.
I do know that size wise there is no comparison now versus 25 years ago when I started going. or at least in the section I hunt.
Much bigger deer seen and racks much better sized.

You can tell exactly why that is but it would surely piss off the brown down screw the trophy hunter crowd. :)