Savage 99

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I've been a fan of the 99's since I was a little kid. Both my grandfathers hunted with them in 300 Savage. I remember thinking that hunting with a 99 was required of all grandpas!!

I recently picked up this one made in 1951 and outfitted it with an older Weaver Wide Angle 4X scope I got from Fishhunt.........

Looking forward to hunting season!!

Savage 99.jpg

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
Classic looking setup. Now you just need a real Stanley thermos, a plaid Woolrich button down jacket and a Filson hat.

<>< Fish

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Classic looking setup. Now you just need a real Stanley thermos, a plaid Woolrich button down jacket and a Filson hat.

<>< Fish

LOL!!

Actually I have the thermos, a Filson hat, and the Woolrich coats!! 100% wool........heavy & scratchy, but warm!!! The coats are old too, who can afford the $400 ones they make now????

Redheadduck

Eight Pointer
That's a true classic right there. I've been looking for one for quite awhile. Most that I see locally in the east aren't in anywhere near that condition.

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
That's a true classic right there. I've been looking for one for quite awhile. Most that I see locally in the east aren't in anywhere near that condition.

It's got some dings & dangs on the stock! Guy I bought it from said it had been "lovingly used" by the original owner!